Which Star Alliance Program?

Old Nov 26, 18, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles PM
Which Star Alliance Program?

I am a million miler with DL and I have an upcoming trip from BOS to CTU. I've booked on AC due to reasonable prices in business class for the RT ticket. My question is which airline should I accrue my FF mileage within the Star Alliance programs? I don't anticipate many international trips in the future as I near retirement, so I want to maximize my mileage opportunities.
Old Nov 26, 18, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

As this is more a Star Alliance crediting question its been relocated to the FT Star Alliance forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Nov 26, 18, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blaze96 View Post
I am a million miler with DL and I have an upcoming trip from BOS to CTU. I've booked on AC due to reasonable prices in business class for the RT ticket.
My question is which airline should I accrue my FF mileage within the Star Alliance programs? I don't anticipate many international trips in the future as I near retirement, so I want to maximize my mileage opportunities.
What are your objectives from a Star ffp?
UA would seem more popular ffp than AC ffp
Earning miles from non flying activities is easier with an airline ffp of your home country. (expiration)

What is the route/airlines, given that AC appear not to fly to CTU?
Earnings on codeshares can be problematic?
(AC = Air China CA or Air Canada AC?)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengd...tional_Airport
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=BOS-CTU...SU=kts&RS=best

General- Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!

Star Alliance: Need advice on which Star Alliance FF scheme to join? - please post here

Be mindful of expiry Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire. Click to open the wiki.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 26, 18 at 10:46 pm Reason: Edit AC or CA?

Search this Thread