United, Brussels or Lufthansa?

Old Aug 2, 18, 5:14 am
Original Poster

United, Brussels or Lufthansa?

Which airline would be the best option for a London to New York flight in economy? Have the choice of United (767-400), Brussels (A330-300) or Lufthansa (A380-800) (United is direct, other two via BRU or FRA, not bothered about an extra stop if the product is more comfortable)

Have Brussels refitted their A330's recently? I had read they had increased pitch to 33" (vs 31 on United?) but then had also read reviews from 2015 that say their seats are uncomfortable?
Old Aug 2, 18, 7:52 am

Programs: *A G, OW S, ST Elite.
I'd take the direct option on UA as it's quicker, there is no transit and the 764 is OK.

I would avoid Brussels - a confused company that does not know what it's selling and their Y service is a bit grim - probably worse than UA but it's a longer flight with a transfer.

LH might be the nicest option but transfers in FRA are to be avoided if possible. It's the one airport in Europe that makes LHR look decent!
Old Aug 2, 18, 11:10 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
By all means take the direct UA flight - to get this over with as quickly as possible. It is not like traveling with LH will make this a whole different and great experience.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 18, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA
767 is the best aircraft for economy in the world. UA has their newest IFE on the 764, and if you can book an economy plus seat you'll have more legroom as well.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 18, 9:04 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, SkyPesos, AAdvantage, MR
UA 763/764's are a very good Y product because of the 2-3-2 layout. Just go with that if price is comparable.

Search this Thread