Search

LH Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:10 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

LH Lounge access

Hi All,

This Saturday I'm doing my mileage run on United and after that I'll be Gold with them. On Wednesday I'm flying United/Lufthansa IAD-FRA-RUH (-FRA-IAD) - Can I access Lufthansa Star Gold lounges in Frankfurt and the one in Riyadh on departure without the physical card in my hand?

Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:59 pm

It usually takes a few days/weeks for Starnet to update your status change across all member airline systems. UA should be all good but for your LH flight, it's safer to ask UA to issue a statement to confirm your UA*G status (I have done that in the past). Also, keep your UA boarding pass from IAD which would show your gold status on it, might help too.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Also, the UA app should update quickly (once the flights post; that could take a couple days). The barcode shown in the app should scan correctly at lounges operated by Lufthansa (i.e. FRA). RUH may be a bit harder. I'm assuming the agent at the check-in counter will issue a lounge invite.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Simply ask for a lounge invite at the counter. It ends all of the unpleasantness.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:02 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks All for the replays. I forgot that United app has the card and if you click on it, it switches to a barcode.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA
United app show worked fine for me in FRA. In LH lounge territory with same-day *A BP as *G member, you want to go to an LH Senator lounge not one of the cheaper LH Business lounges.

In HAM, an absent minded LH receptionist once tried to direct me to the business lounge because UA 1K looks like a LH FTL card (below *G), which only entitles to use LH business lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.