Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

What *A program for mainly P fare class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What *A program for mainly P fare class?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Question What *A program for mainly P fare class?

Hi all,

Following on from another thread, I have quite a bit of Europe-US travel coming up (4 trips in 4 months, plus a likely Europe - Japan trip), but i'm going to lose my 40k of miles towards SEN on M&M before I get over the 100k threshold and have to start again at the end of 2017. Most of my upcoming travel is LH/LX/UA (maybe ANA for Japan), and most is on LH P fare (with 1 or 2 Z fare).

Even with all that travel I won't get to SEN - only 70-80k and so looking for a new *A program to get to gold fairly quickly. I was going to go for A3/OS/TK, but just found out that they don't credit P at all! I don't have a choice in the fare that's booked for me, so what is the best FFP to go for given the mainly LH P fare bookings? I was thinking UA, or maybe SK? I don't really understand the SK system and can't find a calculator to work out the number of points i'll get. Does anyone credit LH P above 100%?

EDIT: So for UA I need to fly 4 UA segments to even start on Premier status? I only have 2 planned right now, so i'm guessing that's out?

I was really looking forward to OS and trying to get to lifetime gold!! M&M is so frustrating that even with all that flying (and executive bonus) I still won't get over 100k for SEN!

Thanks!

Last edited by echocharlie; Nov 17, 2017 at 12:58 pm Reason: edit 1) UA - 4 segments? edit 2) clarify LH P fare
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by echocharlie
Hi all,

Following on from another thread, I have quite a bit of Europe-US travel coming up (4 trips in 4 months, plus a likely Europe - Japan trip), but i'm going to lose my 40k of miles towards SEN on M&M before I get over the 100k threshold and have to start again at the end of 2017. Most of my upcoming travel is LH/LX/UA (maybe ANA for Japan), and most is on LH P fare (with 1 or 2 Z fare).

Even with all that travel I won't get to SEN - only 70-80k and so looking for a new *A program to get to gold fairly quickly. I was going to go for A3/OS/TK, but just found out that they don't credit P at all! I don't have a choice in the fare that's booked for me, so what is the best FFP to go for given the mainly LH P fare bookings? I was thinking UA, or maybe SK? I don't really understand the SK system and can't find a calculator to work out the number of points i'll get. Does anyone credit LH P above 100%?

EDIT: So for UA I need to fly 4 UA segments to even start on Premier status? I only have 2 planned right now, so i'm guessing that's out?

I was really looking forward to OS and trying to get to lifetime gold!! M&M is so frustrating that even with all that flying (and executive bonus) I still won't get over 100k for SEN!

Thanks!

http://www.wheretocredit.com is your friend. As we all know, LH P is really poor in terms mileage credit. SK, UA, CA, CM and SQ seem to be about the only options.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by swiss_global
SK, UA, CA, CM and SQ seem to be about the only options.
UA requires flights on UA metal for status so that might not be a great plan for the OP.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the replies - looks like you're right SAS is the way to go (unless I want to throw my miles away with M&M!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.