Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Getting *A benefits on partner carrier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott PP, Hertz PC, HH Diamond

Sorry for this seemingly simple question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

I have *A Gold via United Gold. I will be traveling in Japan with my girlfriend and am looking to book ANA's "Experience" Japan fare. A few questions on that

1) If I input my UA Mileage Plus #, will it automatically grant me *A Gold status on my reservation?
2) If I use my ANA loyalty # instead, of which I have no current status, how can I get my *A Gold status associated to the reservation?
3) If I'm not frequently flying ANA these days, is there any reason I would want to do #2 from a mileage perspective?
4) What about my girlfriend? If I book her ticket at the same time as mine, will she be able to benefit from my *A Gold status? Or is the benefit limited to the person only (not accompany travelers on the same reservation).
4b) Specific benefits that I care about for her is extra luggage.

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:00 am

1) Yes

2) Show your card and make sure the NH number is not replaced. This may or may not work depending on the agent/airline.

3) It depends on what you are trying to achieve. Unless you want to stash some miles on NH because of their award chart or family program, I don't see why splitting miles makes any sense.

4) 4b) *G benefits apply only to the cardholder. No extra luggage for the GF. Of course you can guest her in the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.