Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Getting extra luggage allowance on AC when crediting to OZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Next year, my dad will have AC E35k, which has 3x 32kg luggage as one of the benefits. However, he also will be switching over to crediting to OZ because we decided that it's not worth crediting to AC with the amount he flies.

Does anyone have any experience regarding whether AC will let him take the extra luggage despite having his OZ number on his ticket (if he brings his E35k card)? I asked AC on Twitter, who responded that "the system will return the baggage allowance according to the frequent flyer program used on your reservation", but I'd like to hear some people's actual experience with this. Can/will the bag drop agent bypass the system?

Thank you!

Edit: I've read other threads but they mostly seem to be regarding lounge access (which E35k does not get) or priority boarding. For priority boarding, he's going to bring his card and just give it a try... but luggage has to be packed in advance!

Last edited by rainspinner; Oct 21, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rainspinner
Next year, my dad will have AC E35k, which has 3x 32kg luggage as one of the benefits. However, he also will be switching over to crediting to OZ because we decided that it's not worth crediting to AC with the amount he flies.

Does anyone have any experience regarding whether AC will let him take the extra luggage despite having his OZ number on his ticket (if he brings his E35k card)? I asked AC on Twitter, who responded that "the system will return the baggage allowance according to the frequent flyer program used on your reservation", but I'd like to hear some people's actual experience with this. Can/will the bag drop agent bypass the system?

Thank you!

Edit: I've read other threads but they mostly seem to be regarding lounge access (which E35k does not get) or priority boarding. For priority boarding, he's going to bring his card and just give it a try... but luggage has to be packed in advance!
He will have to check in with E35K card to get the luggage, then after the luggage is checked, ask to change to OZ card. If check in agent won't do it without charging baggage fee, go into the terminal and go from gate to gate until you find someone who will do it....you most likely will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.