Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Booked SQ using LH miles - I'm Star Gold on UA question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

I booked an award ticket on SQ using my LH miles. I have no status on LH. I'm Star Gold on UA. Will *gold benefits apply?

Thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by dhammer53
I booked an award ticket on SQ using my LH miles. I have no status on LH. I'm Star Gold on UA. Will *gold benefits apply?

Thanks.
Not without switching to the UA FF# in the booking (or adding it to the FQTS field), or showing the *G card (e.g. to enter a lounge).
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Not without switching to the UA FF# in the booking (or adding it to the FQTS field), or showing the *G card (e.g. to enter a lounge).
Since it's a mileage ticket, there's no harm at all in switching the FF# in the booking. With rare exceptions, the OP would not have earned miles for the flights anyway.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:43 am

You will have a hard time changing your LH FFP# in the booking. To take advantage of the *G benefits make sure you have the physical card with you.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by dhammer53

Thanks.
Yes, just show your card at check-in and at lounge.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by malmostoso
You will have a hard time changing your LH FFP# in the booking. To take advantage of the *G benefits make sure you have the physical card with you.
I agree! However, calling LH, and asking them to put in the UA *G number should work just fine.

Was exactly in a similar situation about a week ago: called LH, and asked them to put in my FF# that actually has status, and it was done without any problem.

And the status showed when I checked-in online, and when they printed my BPs at the counter.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA MP, Delta Sky Miles, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Since it's a mileage ticket, there's no harm at all in switching the FF# in the booking. With rare exceptions, the OP would not have earned miles for the flights anyway.
What are those "rare exceptions"? Can you elaborate on that.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Thanks for the assist. ^
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GREAKLY
What are those "rare exceptions"? Can you elaborate on that.
System screw up which ends up crediting miles for a fare that shouldn't have. I had something similar happen just recently with a UA BE fare on OZ for which I got status miles.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by zeer0
System screw up which ends up crediting miles for a fare that shouldn't have. I had something similar happen just recently with a UA BE fare on OZ for which I got status miles.
BE (N) earns 50% on OZ, not really a screw up. The miles earned are only good for status, can't be used for redemptions.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
As this is an M&M award, the OP will not be able to override his/her M&M No already in the reservation. This is not like revenue ticket where you will be able to change the FFP at OLCI or airport check-in counters.

Most agents will refuse to change the FFP citing that this is an award ticket and no miles/points will be earned - or by actually being unable to do so as the "system will not allow it".

As the OP will receive no miles (the exceptional events stated above is very unlikely) it really has no bearing whether the UA card is registered or not - just show the card at check-in for add. baggage allowance and for lounge access.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
BE (N) earns 50% on OZ, not really a screw up. The miles earned are only good for status, can't be used for redemptions.
See that's the screw up. I got 50% for both. Honestly it's probably down to OZ's technological incompetence, although they do note on their site only one not the other for N.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.