Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA to Sydney

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Use a different airline for the UR rewards. Silver status doesn't get you much on Star Alliance, so fly American or Delta instead. As stated above, you accrue zero PQDs flying on award tickets on UA, so you're not losing a thing by flying American or Delta. Use whichever airline has a biz award to wherever you want to go for the least number of Chase points.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
I would vote for ANA through Tokyo. Its one of my favorite airlines and the connections from the US through Haneda are typically well timed. Probably best to go BNA to Chicago to Haneda to Sydney. Its a stellar airline with great service, esp in Business.

I have flow Asiana business class (from DEN to LAX to Seoul to Bali) and it was really good. However, the timing of connections through Seoul are not as good as ANA.

I went to Sydney on United miles a couple years back (DEN - Vancouver - Sydney) on Air Canada. However, we had to arrive in Vancouver the night before for the departure from Vancouver. Not bad to spend a day in Vancouver, but depends on your priorities. Air Canada was fine, but does not compare to ANA or Asiana in business.

Hopefully you can find one that works for you with miles through United (or other good options).

Best of luck.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
The OP only has 35,000 miles on MP. Not a factor for this trip. Plus, going through Tokyo is still going 3,000+ miles out of the way.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:16 am
Original Poster

USA to Sydney

Okay sounds good guys! I thought that UR were only good on Star Alliance carriers. Happy to hear that they aren't. I was hoping to use United just for the PQD but if I'm not getting it then it doesn't make sense. Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.