Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Boarding Passes for Connecting *A Flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2003, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold

We just completed an award flight involving LH, SAS, and AC between Canada and Sweden.

When we checked in at YVR, LH told us they couldn't issue a pass for the FRA-ARN leg on SAS. This resulted in our having to stand in a long LH customer service line (about a half hour wait!)staffed by only one agent and we had no time to visit the lounge - in fact, it was a little bit of an ordeal.

On the way back, the SAS agent at ARN issued us passes right through to YYZ, apologizing that she couldn't issue one for the final YYZ-YVR leg, and we hung out in the LH lounge at FRA for a pleasant 90 minutes.

What's the difference? Is there something we could have done that we didn't do? It was the only minor negative in a great trip, and the travel was seamless otherwise.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 12:32 pm

Programs: QR Plat
I think this boils down to a lot of user knowledge and what they feel they know how to do... which usually shows as incosistent service.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 8:50 pm

Is LH in YVR online or are they handled by an ground handling service? If the latter, they may not have complete access to the LH system. It seems LH & SK are linked going by your experience on the return, although I noted with interest SK couldn't issue the YYZ-YVR pass, so if AC handle LH in YVR it may be the AC and SK systems aren't linked as yet.
All the more argument for Starnet to pull it's finger out and get cracking !!!
Cheers.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 6:51 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
One thing to take into consideration is also the timing of your flights. I've been told a couple of times when coming back to Europe from the US on red-eyes that the connecting flight over in Europe was not yet open (due it being the previous afternoon/evening in the states). Happened at least on Air France (BOS-CDG-HEL) to me. Considering thet YVR-FRA flight time is around 10 hours, this could indeed be the case here..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.