Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Planning an RTW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2003, 6:25 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CDG 1K:
Hey Attorney,
Were you ever successful in getting your ticket ex-CAI issued? I'm still interested in getting that RTW but first, I'm probably going to buy my next Asia round trip ex-CAI in F for the "rock bottom fare". Did you ever get a response from EPTours (or another agent) in CAI about ticketing that beast of an itinerary of yours?!? Just curious.
</font>
I ended up booking it on the evening of the 14th of January through a Canadian travel agency because only then I found out that prices were going to go up by 600+ Euro the next day from CAI (the travel agency in CAI had not warned me that fares were going to go up and actually, I had called LH a week before just to make sure and they had explicitly told me that fares would still be the same after the 15th). Canada is an exception to the rule that you cannot buy a ticket that originates elsewhere for the price of the originating country, that's why I booked it in Canada (it was already too late to reach anybody in Egypt). I did get a response from EPTours and Ted, the manager, was very friendly. They did not have any experience yet with RTW bookings, though.

What I got ticketed in the end was CAI-FRA-ORD-ICN-SIN-CAI .

There was simply no more time for the Canadian travel agent to book my whole complicated itinerary still on the 14th...

In the end, that's a good thing, though, because I probably will not go to SIN in the beginning of my trip since my sessions in SIN are going to be canceled due to the SARS outbreak, so I have to completely change the ticket anyway.

So I will just travel the other way around and go westwards during the RTW. I now have the Asian countries at the end of my itinerary and hope that SARS will be contained by then.

I have a whole new beast of an itinerary now (took me some time to go through all the changes, I'm still working on details and I still have to go get the ticket changed - the people at the ticket desk will hate me ):

CAI-FRA-PMI-[side trip: will buy a cheap roundtrip ticket to BCN]-xMAD-xYYZ-xCUN-PTY-MEX-[side trip with two award tickets business/economy for 80k miles: MEX-(GRU)-xGIG-(GRU)-EZE-xGRU-IGU-(GRU)-xGIG-SSA-GIG-(GRU)-MEX]-HAV-xMEX-SAT-ORD-xLAS-xSFO-HNL-xNRT-ICN-[will probably fly back to Europe on an award ticket because I will have some obligations here]-PEK-SIN-BKK-xKUL-xSIN-MLE-xVIE-BCN-xFRA-CAI

As you can see, my trip is rather "sun-oriented"...I won't see the beaches in Cancun (know them already), but I will hopefully get to the beach in Panama, Rio, Salvador da Bahia, Havana, Hawaii, Thailand and the Maldives...

[This message has been edited by attorney28 (edited 04-20-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.