Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Would this be a legal RTW re. back-tracking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2002, 10:59 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Would this routing be legal as part of a RTW:

some travel in Europe continuing to
Vienna (OS) to Cairo (SQ) Dubai (TG) to Bangkok transit (TG) to Delhi (TG) to Bangkok (TG) to Sydney then on to USA

All cities would be stopovers except for the first layover in BKK which would be a connection.
Old Mar 19, 2002, 2:05 am
Uli

you cannot back-track between continents but you can back-track within a continent with no problem.
make sure you stay within the mileage limit.
Old Mar 19, 2002, 5:03 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
isn't, for Star-rtw-purpose only, the MidEast considered to be part of the African continent (looking at the Star-rtw-rules posted just days ago)?
Old Mar 19, 2002, 3:58 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Rudi is right - so it it extremely difficult to get from Middle-East to India using a *A RTW.

... or perhaps I shouldn't be so infactuated with checking out Dubai?! However, I still wanted Cairo to be on my itinerary. Looks like KLM's Journey fare (which includes Air Pacific, Jet Airways - Indian domestic airline, Emirates, Northwest, Continental and Malaysian) is increasingly my best bet - though not my preference given what I've read about Emirates and their seating arrangements and sultry service. (This would be an Economy RTW)
Old Mar 19, 2002, 11:30 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Looks like it would indeed be a legal routing as I would only be back-tracking from BKK to DEL and back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.