Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance RTW world fare - can one upgrade on 1 segment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance RTW world fare - can one upgrade on 1 segment?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2002, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
The RTW revenue tickets are from the discounted class inventory in the economy and business class cabins. I do not know about first class.
Old Mar 13, 2002, 6:44 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

You can't upgrade just the one segment since you are techinically paying discount J class. Even if they allow you to do so, the difference that they'll make you pay is sufficient for you to get a RTW F ticket instead. So if you are really in the mood for F class and willing to spend the money, just buy a RTW F ticket, it's $3K more than a RTW J.
Old Mar 13, 2002, 10:07 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
A)UPGRADING ON A FLIGHT SECTOR BASIS TO A HIGHER CLASS OF TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED.
</font>
This refers to paying for the sector upgrade. Mileage/cert upgrades (as discussed elsewhere) are allowed under the terms of each respective FF program (eg: you can upgrade UA B/H fares with miles, but not 2002 SWU, you can upgrade LH segments B, H or D to next class up with Miles & More miles).

ie: The answer is "no"

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Ansett Australia: In memory of "One of the world's great airlines"
Feb 17, 1936 - March 4, 2002. R.I.P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.