Original Poster

Programs: TK E+ *A GOLD, TAM OW Sapphire
TG + SR ?

ANy comments about this ?
http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/000306/4a.html

MMM
Old Mar 6, 2000, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Would you like constructive comments, or flippant ones?

I don't think this implies anything more than its face value--codesharing on a limited number of routes.

HOWEVER, that being said, it cannot be denied that this opens up TG to a new revenue stream if SR starts to buy up codeshare seats within Asia. That can make up for some heartache over SQ poaching business.

I'm not sure that this gives TG more leverage in negotiating within *--I think it gives TG more options. Not always the same thing.

I think the key issue for TGS is whose turf ends where in Asia.

If I was a bettin' man, I would predict that we will see TG and SQ do a deal to split Asia Pacific in two. SQ will sell codeshares to other * members in one half, while TG takes the other. While NH could get into this game as well, I think it is less likely. TG's real fear is that * pax will prefer to transit SIN, thus codesharing on SQ, rather than through BKK

Of course, I could be wrong, and TG is planning to schlep over to SR lock, stock and barrel. Let's not forget that there is an equity offering coming up.
Old Mar 6, 2000, 6:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Brugisser's (CEO SR) statement was 'just' a 'side' statement when he presented SR's financial results (1999) to the press today.

The guessings and conclusions in this (yahoo) article summarizes correctly SR's (and TG's) positions today.

The next 'big' thing/question: who will be the future 'winning' bidder to acquain a minoity stake in TG's shares? (Until now Lufthansa, Singapore, Swissair, anyone-else?, said they are 'in talks' with the Thai governement on this).
Old Mar 7, 2000, 1:23 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
During my recent RTW I was blown away by the difference between Singapore and Thai (sorry if this is obvious to those who travel this area regularly). Raffles class on Singapore is an entirely new level of biz. class.

Dorian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.