Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

BEG to SJJ use Star Alliance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I am going to use a miles ticket to go to both of these cities. Obviously on a UA award roundtrip I can get the flights included however they are very close together and using a connecting in lets say VIE would be a waste of time. Would you just buy a 1 way non stop flight between the cities to save time or use the award in the roundtrip? Another potential drawback is since they are smaller cities very limited flights in general so could be issues with the schedule too.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:46 pm

I think it depends on how much you value your time. A direct flight with Air Serbia is probably around 45 minutes long and cost around $185.

I could be wrong, but I believe the shortest travel time with Austrian via Vienna is in the 6-7 hour range.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:51 pm

Slight correction to my previous post. The airfare from BEG to SJJ is around $125 with Air Serbia. The previous amount I posted is for the reverse flight (SJJ to BEG.)

If it was me, I would buy the one-way ticket and save one day of traveling.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
... Another potential drawback is since they are smaller cities very limited flights in general so could be issues with the schedule too.
Unless you're usually flying between mega-cities, you should perhaps look up where you're going to: Sarajevo (urban area) has a population of about 700K, while about 1.4 million people live in Belgrade. I would not call these small, certainly not by European standards.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KLouis
I would not call these small,
They are small airports with minimal service. Doesn't really matter how many people live nearby when flight schedules is the salient detail.

Pay the cash for a separate revenue and save the time.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:17 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
OU should be an option via ZAG and rather inexpensive in high mileage earning fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.