Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Can I use UA *G status to get into a *A lounge while flying another *A airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat

I am planning to fly SIN - BKK in June.

I will be getting to Singapore from the US but booked an open jaw as United was unable to price something good for me.

I would like to fly Singapore Airlines (without booking through United) but since I don't have status with them I am worried about losing all my *G perks and having to pay baggage fees, sit in concourse, board last, etc.

Will I be treated as *G if I tell Singapore? If not for check-in/boarding at least get into the lounge?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry

UA *G are *G across *A. You'll be treated as *G on all SQ flights, regardless of plating carrier.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:22 am

You don't have to book through United but you do have to put your Mileage Plus number as the frequent flyer number on the reservation. Call Singapore Airlines to do this if you can't do it online.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Yes
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Certainly! See:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/

and the following:

Star Alliance Gold Status Benefits:

Airport Lounge Access 1
When you travel with any Star Alliance member airline, you and a guest can escape the crowds and relax in over 1,000 airport lounges worldwide, regardless of your class of travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.