Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Lounge Access Tool Inacurrate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan E75

There is a "lounge access tool" on Star website, which is supposed to indicate if on gets access to a lounge in a given airport, based on status and class travelled. But the answer it gives is inaccurate for UIO (what about other airports?). It says Avianca business travellers will not get access to any lounge. It also says *Gold passenger travelling on Avianca will not get access to any lounge. Both will actually get access to Sala VIP managed by UIO airport.

Is it because it is a contract lounge that the information is inaccurate? Contract lounges abound around the world...
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:57 pm

Sometimes if you don't select the cabin class (or airline even) you'll get better answers-I replicated your search without the cabin class and got the contract lounges
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The lounge finder is known to be inaccurate in various respects. It's a helpful tool but not a definitive authority.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Originally Posted by steveman518
Sometimes if you don't select the cabin class (or airline even) you'll get better answers-I replicated your search without the cabin class and got the contract lounges
Thanks for the tip!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by ulyparis
..But the answer it gives is inaccurate for UIO (what about other airports?)....
KIX.

The lounge finder never seems to show the Club ANA Lounge, even if you're an ANA Mileage Club Diamond member. It only shows the TG Royal Orchid Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.