Wiki Posts
Search

United Club Access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
United Club Access

I received an offer for a card that provides United Club Membership. I rarely fly United, but have a lot of upcoming trips this year. Is it policy that you have to be on a Star Alliance flight to access the lounge, or is it just membership?

The Star Alliance website suggests that you need to be on a Star Alliance flight, is this enforced? Most of my flights will be on AA and OneWorld partners this year. I would assume I should be able to access any UA lounge, but if I can't access any partner lounges, it may not be worth it.

Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
United Club Access

You can enter United Club with or without a star alliance ticket with membership but other star alliance clubs require same day travel on a star alliance itin.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sandiegofun
You can enter United Club with or without a star alliance ticket with membership but other star alliance clubs require same day travel on a star alliance itin.
Yeah, that's what I thought, thanks for the confirmation!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:52 pm

United Club Access

I love flying avios or wn and popping my head into the united lounge!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
good to know
Old Jan 25, 2014, 3:33 am
Suspended

United Club Access

I miss the Free premium booze at the UC. Ahhh, those were the good ole days
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:52 am

Frankly, I wouldn't pay any amount of money to access the United Club lounges. If you really want to simulate the experience, buy some pretzels and then wander around the public terminal failing to find a seat. It'll be just like the United Club, but you'll save the membership/credit card fees.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA PS - DL FO & .4MM
Originally Posted by traveltruly
Frankly, I wouldn't pay any amount of money to access the United Club lounges. If you really want to simulate the experience, buy some pretzels and then wander around the public terminal failing to find a seat. It'll be just like the United Club, but you'll save the membership/credit card fees.
LOL.

+1 to sandiegofun`s comment.

Yeah, the UClub has its draw backs but that card has some perks like the 1.5x on all non ua spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.