Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Gold Lounge Access at SCL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Gold Lounge Access at SCL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I just found this thread as I'll be on the SCL-IAH flight in a few days and was wondering which lounge (if any) I could use in SCL.

The Star Alliance website still shows no lounge availability even when I put in "J" class for SCL-IAH. I then did some research on Avianca's website and found the following: http://www.avianca.com/en/Documents/own-vip-lounges.pdf

The directory says only Executive & Business class passengers with *G status can enter the lounge. This means no lounge access for *G in economy?

I'm in J so it doesn't matter to me. Just wondering so we can clarify for the thread.

Thanks,
RM
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I can confirm *G is allowed access to the lounge on economy tickets.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
any news on what the avianca lounge is like?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:30 am

Terrible
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: United 1K
I ended up in the Avianca lounge, not the AA lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:50 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Terrible
Well that is not other people's experience. Adequate to the task but not one of Star Alliance's or Avianca's best:

SCL Lounge
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Well that is not other people's experience.
I speak for myself, but no other choice for *A.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
UA J @ SCL

Does anyone know if UA J passengers are offered use of a particular lounge at SCL?

Also, how far in advance can one check into one's UA flight at SCL?

Many thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:24 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 747FC
Does anyone know if UA J passengers are offered use of a particular lounge at SCL?

Many thanks!
According to United.com it’s the Primeclass Pacifico lounge. For airport check in IIRC it’s 3 hours before departure. I was there in October and got my boarding pass from a kiosk about 4 before departure (carry on only) and didn’t wait for the lounge invite (I used a Priority Pass lounge which wasn’t very good).

https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...locations.html
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:08 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by usbusinesstraveller
According to United.com it’s the Primeclass Pacifico lounge. For airport check in IIRC it’s 3 hours before departure. I was there in October and got my boarding pass from a kiosk about 4 before departure (carry on only) and didn’t wait for the lounge invite (I used a Priority Pass lounge which wasn’t very good).

https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...locations.html
Thanks for this info. I looked at the Dtar Alliance Loungefinder, and didn’t see anything.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA, AS, OZ
Originally Posted by 747FC

Many thanks!
I'm replying to this here to provide a data point on the new SCL International terminal that's just opened in 2022. UA J/Polaris passengers get access to the LATAM Lounge in T2 (the new International Terminal). Currently, the access to this lounge is granted only to business class passengers and NOT to *A Gold status members traveling in non-premium classes. Currently, there's no lounge access to *A Gold members traveling in non-premium cabins at this terminal unless they also have other memberships with credit card programs granting access to the Pacific Lounge.
747FC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.