Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

24 hours delay due to computer problem

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2013, 3:18 am
dnh
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus

Hi all,

I have a question concerning the new extension of EU compensation rules in case of delays. April 3, I flew from CPH to MUC with LH but we ended up being heavily delayed so I missed my flight to YUL that day - and had to wait for the next one the following day, i.e. I was delayed for 24 hours.

I did receive hotel and an impressive 10 euro voucher for food from LH. Also, I complained to LH saying that I should receive compensation according to EU rules since I was so heavily delayed.

LH responded that they--and I did not expect anything else--do not agree since the delay was caused by a faulty computer system. That is, as far as I know, correct. Without being a lawyer, however, a faulty computer system does not strike me as "force majeure". Then almost everything would count as force majeure, I guess.

What's your take on it? Any suggestions--should I proceed and file a complaint with the relevant authority?

Thanks in advance
DNH
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Gold

You should also check the credit card you bought the ticket with. I know on chase sapphire if delayed more than 12 or 18 hours you can get a bunch of expenses reimbursed. Worth taking a look

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.