Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Help! K fare flown on Swiss did not credit 15k miles through UA M+.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help! K fare flown on Swiss did not credit 15k miles through UA M+.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Question Help! K fare flown on Swiss did not credit 15k miles through UA M+.

Hi all,

I flew on Swiss on an intercontinental flight in K and put it on my UA account. Fast forward a month, and I find out that I won't be earning 15k miles because UA actually does not give anything for K fare from Swiss. Does anyone know if any carrier on *A give miles for K fare on Swiss? Perhaps Swiss itself? I might just register for another FF account with that carrier to try to get the 15k miles somehow. This is also assuming you can still request miles more than a month after the flight ends, right?

Thank you!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Miles&More would earn you 50% of mileage flown (intercontinental) in K.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by accrue450
.. Perhaps Swiss itself? I might just register for another FF account with that carrier to try to get the 15k miles somehow. This is also assuming you can still request miles more than a month after the flight ends, right?

Thank you!
AFAIK, you can't earn the miles retrospectively unless you'd have already enrolled as a M&M member. Besides, your BP would show the UA MP number anyway and crediting miles to M&M is going to take months of letter writing etc.

Always remember to check what booking classes are eligible for flights before you book them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.