Wiki Posts
Search

EWR Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Gold
EWR Lounges

I am *G via UA and I have an international flight on UA at the end of the month. I like to eat before the flight so I can get right to sleep. Can I get into Terminal B to use the lounges? I know I will have to go back out and then take the train to C but if it is worth it I will. Do any of the *G eligible lounges have decent real food beyond what the UC has and would it worth heading over to B?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ounge-ewr.html and *Gold Lounge Hopping
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:35 am
Suspended

I’d stay in terminal C and go to the United Polaris lounge, assuming that your UA international flight qualifies you (transatlantic, transpacific, or to Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janiero, San Paulo, or Santiago).
The food in the LH Senator lounge isn’t that great, IMO, and not worth the extra logistics.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by salisboss
I am *G via UA and I have an international flight on UA at the end of the month. I like to eat before the flight so I can get right to sleep. Can I get into Terminal B to use the lounges? I know I will have to go back out and then take the train to C but if it is worth it I will. Do any of the *G eligible lounges have decent real food beyond what the UC has and would it worth heading over to B?
LH and even SK has better food than UC, today there was an assortment of hot pastas that included protein and also beef stew, this is in addition to two soups and 3 types of sandwiches, 2 of which have meat. If you have 2 hours before your departure its worth it.

Originally Posted by GFrye
I’d stay in terminal C and go to the United Polaris lounge, assuming that your UA international flight qualifies you (transatlantic, transpacific, or to Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janiero, San Paulo, or Santiago).

OP also needs to be in a premium cabin to get into Polaris.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used Terminal B a few weeks ago and found the SEN lounge intolerably crowded. This was at 8 PM with the late MUC, ZRH and WAW flights still to go. Until the MUC flight left the lounge was standing room only. The food there is pretty good but it's not worth the trek from Terminal C in my opinion.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
If you have 2 hours before your departure its worth it.
I don't know. The food in LH lounge is great, but space is limited. The SK lounge has a larger footprint but mediocre food selections. Adding the fact one would have to reclear security from B back to C, and TSA pre lite at B (if you have to clear security there also), I would think twice.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CMK10
I used Terminal B a few weeks ago and found the SEN lounge intolerably crowded. This was at 8 PM with the late MUC, ZRH and WAW flights still to go. Until the MUC flight left the lounge was standing room only. The food there is pretty good but it's not worth the trek from Terminal C in my opinion.
I have found the business class lounge to be less crowded in the evening. Of course, the food quality is different from the senator lounge offerings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.