Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Gold Guest Lounge Access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver

I am going on a trip JFK-IST on Turkish Airlines in July, Comfort Class (premium economy), with four others. I am star gold, so I can check in at business class, and have lounge access for myself and a guest. Could I bring in four guests? All family members, on same itinerary?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by riversair
I am going on a trip JFK-IST on Turkish Airlines in July, Comfort Class (premium economy), with four others. I am star gold, so I can check in at business class, and have lounge access for myself and a guest. Could I bring in four guests? All family members, on same itinerary?
Oh yes, go on, bring the whole aircraft with you. I am amazed how irresponsible some people can be. Why do you think the perks are "enhanced" so often? Because people like you, for whom it is not enough to bring one guest... Wake up people!!! That's why you are elite and you deserve some perks. So do not spoil it by bringing others.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Oh yes, go on, bring the whole aircraft with you. I am amazed how irresponsible some people can be. Why do you think the perks are "enhanced" so often? Because people like you, for whom it is not enough to bring one guest... Wake up people!!! That's why you are elite and you deserve some perks. So do not spoil it by bringing others.
Easy there cowboy...It's an innocent question and I doubt that *A is going to revoke the +1 guest rule if somebody comes into the lounge and asks if he can bring two extra gusts who are his family...

Go Gators
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Lounges are generally overcrowded already. So, it is my right to defend whatever I have earned. OP can clearly read, as he knows that he is allowed one guest only, so his question is clearly implying that he wants to know if it is possible to rort that perk even more... FYI, I do not agree even with the one gest rule. Only those who earned the privilege should have it...
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Talking

Very funny but I do concur. I get annoyed when the lounges are full and the chairs are filled with five year old children , not that adults are any better sometimes. When ever I upgrade to another level, be it airlines or Hotels, I read up on the benefits and rules and stick to them.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Be well-dressed and ask respectfully noting that it is a favor, not an entitlement and make sure your entourage is quiet. You are not entitled to more than one guest, but there's no law against asking. Good luck.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Wow, vbroucek, how rude! Sorry, for asking - it wasn't in my budget to spend $33,000 to 5 business class tickets to Turkey for that flight, for a family vacation. However, since I am normally a business class flyer - I just paid to get another person in my party upgraded to *Gold, and that cost about $750. So, with two of us in our party with *Gold access, I am sure that won't be a problem. I hope I see you in the lounge!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
: I get annoyed when the lounges are full and the chairs are filled with five year old children...

Some of whom may very well be flying in premium cabins! Or they may ever be *A Gold!

Oh, the horror!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:46 pm

FYI, I do not agree even with the one gest rule. Only those who earned the privilege should have it...
I like it...Leave the wife outside

Go Gators
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:03 pm

I just paid to get another person in my party upgraded to *Gold, and that cost about $750.
Rude? Me? I think it is rude that some FFPs allow buying the status. That's rude. People should "earn" the status by flying, not just simply buying it. Oh yeah, I forgotten, one can buy anything in USA...
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by GNVGator
I like it...Leave the wife outside

Go Gators
Nope, she always travels with me and has the same status... Well, actually do not need the status, we always travel C...
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:49 am

Oh yeah, I forgotten, one can buy anything in USA...
I'm pretty sure you can buy status in Australia, not certain though...
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by GNVGator
I'm pretty sure you can buy status in Australia, not certain though...
Nope...
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:50 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I get annoyed when the lounges are full and the chairs are filled with five year old children
MicroDUF has on various occasions guested me into a lounge when I didn't have my card with me.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:57 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Policies differ between airlines. As a rule of thumb, in the US children are often not counted as guests. Some European airlines have adopted a similar policy (BA, LH) but often only for their own frequent flyers so *G is still locked out. In my experience however you often have a change to get in if things aren't too crowded. If your companions are all adults, things are a bit more complicated.

Which airline is selling *G status for $750 btw?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.