Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

BWI to Guam (Cont. v United FF Program)

BWI to Guam (Cont. v United FF Program)

Old Feb 17, 12, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Question BWI to Guam (Cont. v United FF Program)

Good morning. I am flying on Continental Airlines from Baltimore to Guam next Wednesday. I am United Premier and Continental Gold. The tickets are Y and Q class. Am I better using my United FF number or should I switch to the Continental number for the last time? I appreciate any help. This is very confusing.
Old Feb 17, 12, 9:58 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Currently, you're better off using your CO number. Not for mileage earning purposes, as both programs give the same amount of miles, but for upgrade purposes. Until 3/3, if you're flying CO, use your CO number and vice versa. Also, if you're flying UA at all before 3/3, you should link your accounts to "upgrade" your UA status to 1P (which will be the match of your CO Gold status).

Chris
Old Feb 17, 12, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
I'm not sure how UA/CO works, but you might want to read through this thread to get an understanding of how UGs work or don't work.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...tic-777-a.html
Old Feb 19, 12, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There are no complimentary upgrades between HNL and GUM. From BWI to HNL there may be, depending on the routing and aircraft used.

Search this Thread