Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

What happens to ancillary fees when you change a ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2023, 1:34 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist

Roll to new booking, refund, or forfeit? Specifically, big front seat.

New matched Gold and couldn’t find the rules. TIA.
Old May 28, 2023, 4:50 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'
Original Poster

Seem to be three other threads asking the same thing that never got answered. I reached out to NK on Twitter but I’m not holding my breath.
Old May 28, 2023, 5:05 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'
Original Poster

Their reply, within the hour…

q- Essentially, if I change a booking, does it preserve the value of the seat fees I already paid?

a- Thank you for your reply, Ben. We'd like to help you with your concern about the seat.

Kindly know that the seat will be added to your new flight as long as it's still available. If seats are no longer available, you may back to the web and select new seat assignments. Otherwise, the amount you paid will cover the modification fees or fare difference.

If there’s anything else you need, just let us know.

Last edited by TravelerMSY; May 28, 2023 at 5:36 pm
Old Jun 15, 2023, 12:05 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'
Original Poster

Based on adding a BFS later, it appears they reissue/revalidate the entire ticket with a new fare/tax total. So that value caries over to any new booking, It’s not a separate item with its own ticket number like AA or UA.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 9:14 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
Based on adding a BFS later, it appears they reissue/revalidate the entire ticket with a new fare/tax total. So that value caries over to any new booking, It’s not a separate item with its own ticket number like AA or UA.
Spirit's reservations system does everything on the PNR level. It doesn't have an equivalent to an AA/UA ticket number. The only way you could kind of see line item like that is the way it handles payments - each payment applied is its own entry, and doesn't necessarily say what specifically each one paid for... so let's say a refund for a BFS, may or may not go back on the same card that bought that specific item unless the agent can reconcile the amount toward one of the payment totals.

Sometimes when there is a schedule change and moving the reservation to another flight, it will reprice the itinerary, like you mentioned, then not charge an add/collect fee, but apply the new segment's fare offset by an equivalent credit equal to the new price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.