Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

How out-of-luck am I with NK cancellation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2022, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Some time ago I booked a one-way TPA-BOS trip for 4 pax + 4 Big Front Seats for $600 in Feb 2023.

Spirit has now removed TPA-BOS from the schedule, cancelled my trip, and offered a voucher or refund.

There are still MCO-BOS nonstops in the schedule, currently priced at $1380 with no seats, or $1768 with four BFS (the $97/seat is a pretty good bargain there!).

What are the odds I could talk a Spirit rep into reinstating our reservation and rebooking us onto the MCO-BOS without paying the upfare?
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:22 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I would try calling.

Weirdly I don't see them covering this situation on their customer support page.

Usually, airlines layout their schedule change policies pretty clearly.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 7:37 pm

I would think your odds are pretty good. Spirit would rather keep your money and put you on a flight they are planning on operating anyway rather than refund your purchase (which you are entitled to since your flight was cancelled). Whether their policy officially permits it or not is another question.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Checked with NK chat support who said they did not want to rebook me, and would just advise I buy a new ticket (i.e. the $1768 thing) with my $600 reservation credit.

This doesn't seem to jive entirely with the contract of carriage which says
8.2 Rebooking
When a guest holding a confirmed reservation on a Spirit flight which is delayed because of a schedule irregularity (including but not limited to, a missed connection, flight cancellation, omission of a scheduled stop, substitution of equipment, or schedule change), Spirit will rebook the guest on Spirit's first flight on which seats are available to the guest's original destination without additional charge. Our staff will rebook guests on alternate Spirit flights, either direct to the destination or via connections through other airports to best accommodate the guest’s needs at no additional charge.

Guests may also have the option to obtain a refund consistent with section 10.2.3.

A change may be made to an itinerary without a charge and/or fare difference when the itinerary was affected by a cancelled flight, an eligible schedule change or a delayed flight (greater than two hours from the original departure time) provided:

• The same departure and arrival airports are booked and;
although given that they have discontinued TPA service entirely I'm not sure what the plan is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.