Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP flight reductions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2021, 8:42 am
Original Poster

MSP flight reductions

Had a nonstop flight booked between MSP and FLL on Oct 20, and I logged in today to see the flight has been canceled. There is not even a connection available on that day or the day before. It appears this is effective as of September. The other days of the week offer connections through dtw or mco, but there is nothing available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Did Spirit cut a lot of MSP flights recently?
Old Jul 18, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Mine was affected too, DTW-MSP, although I expected this to happen since they adjusted August schedules about 1-2 months ago and DTW-MSP were reduced from daily to 3 weekly. I was basically waiting for them to cancel my return flight (Aug Wed flights were axed), as soon as I saw my return cancellation last night, I logged into WhatsApp, inquired about my affected trip, I recommend just going with WhatsApp and it will be resolved within hours so you don't wait on the phone (801-401-2222).

NK is actually my choice (other than DL) now if I have to fly within US, pricing is more logical (ie BFS, only pay for the space which is what most people need) and they find new ways to handle customers in queues.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 8:28 pm

MSP-FLL has nonstops still in November. Historically, South Florida traffic demand is slow in October but picks up in November.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beyondhere
MSP-FLL has nonstops still in November. Historically, South Florida traffic demand is slow in October but picks up in November.
They’ve axed fll on Tuesdays and Wednesdays starting in September. It looks like other flights are also not operating ex MSP at all in these days.

I also texted Spirit. They had no routing on a Wednesday that would get us to fll, which makes me think they cut midweek pretty significantly, I ended up getting my money back for the outbound, but keeping the return.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Without starting another thread, but they're also axing flights out of CMH.

To make things crazier, I noticed airfares jumping from $160 to $320 within 3 days (LAX-CMH), got hold of mine at $250 and I don't think it's going to get any cheaper.

As for other routes out of MSP, some are gone completely and became seasonal AFAIK (DTW-MSP).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.