Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

spirit: how does double booking truly happen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2021, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

booked 2 weeks ago, 2 D and 2 F . now they say 2d is NA and moved to 2A and 2F. i asked them to move the 2d person to 2a and they said its impossible to change other peoples seat reservations. but um..you changed mine! geez. dont they see that. normally no issues with them but this ticked me off. they never actually say how its possible for a seat to be double booked. and when i tried to escalate they just put me on hold 45 min then that girl listened and put me on some kind of BS hold with zero noise. never came back of course. but HOW do you prevent this from happening if it can happen anytime?
Old Feb 27, 2021, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Of course NK can change any passenger's seat assignment. It is simply that the people who can do that are not going to take your call.

You will never learn why it happened here. Could simply have been a system glitch, they could be a friend of the CEO, or there could be some security or disability-related reason.

But, to be frank, this is how most carriers handle these issues. They won't tell you and they won't move the other passenger,. You are fighting a losing battle.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by luckydriver
booked 2 weeks ago, 2 D and 2 F . now they say 2d is NA and moved to 2A and 2F. i asked them to move the 2d person to 2a and they said its impossible to change other peoples seat reservations. but um..you changed mine! geez. dont they see that. normally no issues with them but this ticked me off. they never actually say how its possible for a seat to be double booked. and when i tried to escalate they just put me on hold 45 min then that girl listened and put me on some kind of BS hold with zero noise. never came back of course. but HOW do you prevent this from happening if it can happen anytime?
im sure that the person in 2E would be thrilled to get a window seat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.