Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit
Reload this Page >

Do Spirit seat prices change closer to day of travel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

I have a flight next week on Spirit (first time flying them) DTW to LAX. Right now the big front seats are priced at $90 and exit row at $39. I saw on an old thread from years ago here that a few people were able to get those seats cheaper the day before travel. Is that something that still happens, or are the seat prices already at their best prices?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
In my experience, no.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Yes, they do. I've seen one for me go from $40-$35-$30-$25-$35. It varies based on supply/demand. The best pricing I saw for my trip was about 2 days before departure, but this is purely anecdotal.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:34 am

I have a reservation for next month that I made three weeks ago. Shortly after I booked I decided to purchase the Big Front Seat for both legs. Looking today, the Big Front Seat prices for both legs I'm on have gone up. I'm not sure about the rest of the plane.

Flight_____ Paid 2 months out_____ Price 1 month out
CMH-LAS................ $85................................ $87
LAS-OAK..................$28.......................... .......$45
btonkid12345 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.