Wiki Posts
Search

Real Madrid Tickets/MAD Metro

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2009, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat,DL PM,HH Diamond
Real Madrid Tickets/MAD Metro

I've been doing some exploring about how one would see either the schedule of events at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium and how to procure tickets.

I am having problems finding a ticketing link on the realmadrid.com site.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, how safe/easy to navigate is the Madrid Metro?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC
Lightbulb

Madrid Metro ...very easy. You can see the Metro map on the site below

http://www.metromadrid.es/es/index.html

For tickets, try

http://www.ticketmaster.es

Hope that helps!
Old Jun 10, 2009, 4:30 pm
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by mlsrar
I've been doing some exploring about how one would see either the schedule of events at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium and how to procure tickets.

I am having problems finding a ticketing link on the realmadrid.com site.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, how safe/easy to navigate is the Madrid Metro?
As chatmax says, metro is very easy. Look out for pickpockets if you are dressed like a tourist or on one of the lines to or from the airport or main rail stations.

The fixtures for next season aren't clear yet, so you will have to wait for the schedule. I haven't been to see a match at the Bernabeu for a few years, but it used to be phone sale with pick up at the stadium, not web sales.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the responses. When do FC Real Madrid tickets go on sale, and, generally speaking, what do they run?

As far as neighborhoods to stay in terms of hotels, what is a safe/preferable area for myself, wife, and 18 month-old?

Thanks all!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 4:20 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by mlsrar
Thanks all for the responses. When do FC Real Madrid tickets go on sale, and, generally speaking, what do they run?

As far as neighborhoods to stay in terms of hotels, what is a safe/preferable area for myself, wife, and 18 month-old?

Thanks all!
Tickets usually come on sale a week before the match. Club members can buy for a couple of days before the remaining tickets are put on sale for the general public. Information usually appears on realmadrid.com before the tickets go on sale. Prices vary enormously, but will surely increase with this week's signings!

Madrid is generally a safe city and such a big one that it is difficult to give general advice about lodging without knowing when you come and what you want to do.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by AHN
Madrid is generally a safe city and such a big one that it is difficult to give general advice about lodging without knowing when you come and what you want to do.
Madrid is generally quite safe. Just watch for pickpockets if you look like a tourist.

The only area I would really avoid is Lavapies. There are some good bars down there but otherwise, no real reason to go.

The area around the stadium is safe and somewhat business focused. If you want to be in the centre of things, there are lots of places around Gran Via to stay. Do a search since Madrid hotels have been discussed ad nauseaum
Old Jun 14, 2009, 7:33 pm

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm having the same problem trying to find Real Madrid's schedule an a way to buy tickets. I'll only be in Madrid for a day on Sunday, 9/6 and really want to see a game before going to Paris. Does anyone know where I can find out if there are any games that day? I checked ticketmaster.es but I didn't find anything past August.

If there is a game that day, where can I buy tickets? I won't be arriving in Madrid until Sunday, 9/6 so I'd have to buy it the day of the game, although I could buy it in the morning before going to the Museo del Prado as we arrive ~10am. Is it better to buy online? Also, I have terrible judgment so will they sell it at a box office so I don't have to go through a scalper? How much are tickets with reasonably good viewing? I'm not picky but my boyfriend really loves fútbol (and is probably disappointed we're not seeing FC Barcelona as well). Thanks so much for any advice!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: IB, KL and LH
With regard to Real Madrid tickets note that the league schedule is not out yet therefore right now there is no way of knowing if they will play on saturday or sunday that weekend or if they are at home or away.

I guess the draw will be done in the next few weeks and we'll know.

I xcannot really help with regard to tickets as I am a Barcelona local but here you can either buy them at the ground or through www.servicaixa.com. Normally 3 weeks in advance depending upon availibility (for some matches hardly any tickets go on sale due to ticket seasonholders).
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Madrid Metro

As previous posts mentioned that Madrid Metro is easy to navigate, and very clean. Consider getting a "Bonobus" or "Metrobus" ticket. It gives 10 rides at the cost of 7. Same ticket can be used by another pax, just hand it over to the next pax at the turnstile.
Using it for rides to airport, add 1 EUR suppliment.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 3:01 am

La Liga schedule

Originally Posted by Pepijn
With regard to Real Madrid tickets note that the league schedule is not out yet therefore right now there is no way of knowing if they will play on saturday or sunday that weekend or if they are at home or away.
In any case, the exact match day and time are always made public only a few weeks before the game. Until that moment, all games are officially set for Sundays at 17:00.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Koby
In any case, the exact match day and time are always made public only a few weeks before the game. Until that moment, all games are officially set for Sundays at 17:00.
Absolutely correct although by rule of thumb I would not expect them to play at 17.00h.

I wonder how many games they will have played at that time during the last few seasons. 19.00h or 21.00h are a better guess. Pay TV stations seem to prefer that timing.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:01 am

The schedule is out although we still do not know which teams play Saturday and which Sunday, however there is no league action on September 5th as Spain play a World Cup qualifying match against Belgium in A Coruña on that Saturday night.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update! FC Real Madrid is at Bernabéu when we're in MAD, so now to decide:

A: Overnight to Marrakech
B: FC Real game
C: Pay change fee and do both
D: Risk missing flight and going standby to avoid change fees...
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Where can one get authorized Real Madrid merchandise? Is there a gift shop at the stadium?

Do they have a website on what's available?
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ws8n
Where can one get authorized Real Madrid merchandise? Is there a gift shop at the stadium?

Do they have a website on what's available?
Anywhere in the world, really, but there are official stores at the stadium and in downtown Madrid.
http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satelli...cial_Store.htm

And of course they have a website for purchases:
http://www.realmadridshop.com

How else would they afford Kaka and Ronaldo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.