Search

Barcelona Minimum Connection Times

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Barcelona Minimum Connection Times

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the minimum connection time for my trip for Barcelona (BCN).

I bought a ticket flying EWR-BCN-TFN, with an original connect time of 45 minutes. The BCN-TFN flight segment was recently changed so the connection time has been reduced to 40 minutes. The airlines in question are Continental (EWR-BCN) and Air Europa (BCN-TFN).

My traveling companion and I are US passport holders and will have at least one checked bag.

This itinerary is all booked on a single ticket issued by Continental, and if the new connection time is not legal I'd prefer to make the changes before departure.

Many thanks!
Chris
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to this, it's 45'.

If CO allow you to refund the ticket because of the change and you're flying after the 1st of June, you can fly on the new flights of UX all the way from JFK.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold DL Gold VY apologist
40 minutes is plenty of time. There's nowhere you can't get in that airport in 15 minutes.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Thank you for the responses. I didn't remember BCN being large, but it's been a few years since I was there. Another question - although I may make it with a 40 minute connection, will our checked bag(s)?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by alanw
40 minutes is plenty of time. There's nowhere you can't get in that airport in 15 minutes.
I dont know when you will be flying, but (maybe ) in a few months (maybe ) the new terminal will be (maybe ) operational. The new terminal is a separate building (all the current ones are in one long building), so this might affect your connection. (I have no information on which terminal Continental and Air Europa will be using in the new setup.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.