Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon Duty Free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2009, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Lisbon Duty Free

I'm doing a quick trip to LIS next month and have a question regarding buying duty free at the airport. I will be travelling back to the US (EWR) and will be subject to the usual 'liquid' restrictions. I only have a carry on, and may want to buy a bottle or two of liquor to bring back to the US. Will I be permitted to purchase liquid items and bring them on board in my carry on ? Or is it like HKG, ATH or other airports where NO Liquids are available to purchase for those travelling back to the US???
Old Mar 22, 2009, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
just got back from Lisbon.
You can bring on-board the LIS-US flight any liquids you buy. They seal the bag and no problems. You clear security check before the duty free but immigration is cleared after the larger duty free shops.
Once you get to the US, if you go beyond the point of entry to another city, you will need to check in the bottles.
By the way, this was my first trip to Lisbon and I loved it. The people are great, the fish/seafood amazing and the prices look great when compared to Paris, London, Madrid and even Rome.
Stayed at the Hotel Marques de Pombal on Av. Libertade. Great location and the price was really good too.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Thanks for the info. My final destination in EWR, so no worries about transit after US arrival. I was able to get one of CO's cheap 238 r/t fares for mid May, and a E119 rate at the Sheraton -- and as I'm a Plat am anticipating an upgrade to their club floor. I'm looking forward to Lisbon, as I've never been there before and while it's a pretty quick trip, I do plan to lots of touring around (as well as shopping :O )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.