Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Hotel rooms in Spain for family of four?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel rooms in Spain for family of four?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA*G, SK-EBB, DL-G, IB-Silver Marriott Gold , HHonors Gold, SHG Gold
[QUOTE=LapLap;11396053]It's a shame you didn't check these out a little more before posting. You make it sound as if there is no problem at all when it comes to booking for family groups.

QUOTE]

I dont need to click on them, but actually did just so you know. I have had over 35 hotel room nights in Spain this past year and have had a home there for many years. My past 3 tryp hotels have had 2 very large double beds in the room and could easily accomodate a family of four. I meet many families at breakfast and they must be sorting out the rooms somehow.

I know that most resort hotels have childrens activity areas and with spain being the number one family destination in Europe there must a wide variety of accomodations to suit their needs. Self Catering apartments probably being the best, but with many options.

While city hotels that cater to business travelers are problematic, my experience with Husa, Sol Melia and NH is that rooms are on average larger than other europe.

I wish the poster only best of luck in finding accomodation.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by LapLap
Hopefully you're referring to the Tryp Oceanic.
Yes, that is the one.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone stayed at the Tryp Diana? Will have a 12 hour layover in Madrid and am trying to figure out if it is worth making the trek to a hotel.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 7:38 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Would your purpose be just to shower and freshen up, or to have a good sleep?

If the latter, the Diana is ok -- near (but not in) the Airport. I have seen their vans picking up passengers at the Airport terminals.

If you are just looking for a shower and then will want something to do, I would suggest going into the center, freshening up, and then sightseeing.

Central Madrid is a half-hour or less by taxi from the Airport, and there are many reasonably priced hotels on Priceline.

You can also take the Metro or the Airport bus to town.

If you are going to take a taxi, and don't speak Spanish, PM me for a couple of tips. Some Madrid taxi drivers, especially those that wait in the long queues at the Airport for international passengers, can be merciless with charges.

Have a great time in Madrid!
Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
Originally Posted by mangoMan
I am in the process of looking for hotels for a 10 day trip to Spain in July. So far, I have not found a single hotel that has a room that can house a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids ages 6 & 8). The cities I have been looking in are Granada and Valencia. Many allow a child to stay in a room with an extra bed for a nominal fee or even no fee. However, the max. extra beds always seems to be one.

Is there something I'm missing? How do other families with 2 young children handle this? Are adjoining rooms common?

I suppose I will just need to book two rooms and hope they are adjoining or at least adjacent. Otherwise I suppose my wife and I will have to split in separate rooms with one kid each.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
go for a short term turistic rental appartment...it'll be cheaper anyway
Old Mar 14, 2009, 1:00 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Or...

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Has anyone stayed at the Tryp Diana? Will have a 12 hour layover in Madrid and am trying to figure out if it is worth making the trek to a hotel.
A bit OT, but if you decide you do need a room then a very good option close to MAD airport is the Hotel Clement in nearby Barajas. They have a reliable shuttle running on demand from and to the airport and are really only 5 to 10 mins drive away: http://www.clementhoteles.com/en/barajas.htm

If you do decide to just freshen up and then head into Madrid for a look around (highly recommended if it suits your schedule), then you would be 'loco' to use other than the quick, efficient and cheap Metro. This and other options discussed objectively here: http://www.gomadrid.com/transport/airport_options.html

Cheers,

tb
Old Mar 14, 2009, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks everyone...I used to live in Madrid so wont be going into town as my 12-hour layover is overnight; but everyone's recommendations are super helpful! Thanks again
Old Mar 17, 2009, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA*G, SK-EBB, DL-G, IB-Silver Marriott Gold , HHonors Gold, SHG Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I stayed there recently. Very run down. Shuttle was not dependable to leave on time with driver taking break and making us wait 15 minutes before returning to airport.

The desk was absolutely opposed to early check-in and insisted that luggage storage and returning to hotel after 2 pm was only option. I waited in the lobby and got room after 2 hours.

If you can get a decent deal at the hilton it is a much better choice or with the airport having luggage storage, I take just small bag and head anywhere into the northern end of Madrid. Just 2 euros each way with metro from airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.