Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon airport hotel questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2008, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Lisbon airport hotel questions

Does anyone have recommendations for a hotel close to the Lisbon airport? -- prefer one that has courtesy shuttle to the airport.
Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 4:07 pm

Programs: LH (*gold) / EK / Flying Blue / BMI (*silver)
Not exactly near the airport (AFAIK there is no hotel really near the airport) but there are many many hotels in the financial district. You can reach this area the easy way with the Aerobus (every 20 minutes, tickets are ~3€). There are three bus stops in this area (Campo Pequeno (Metro), Av. Republica and Saldanha (Metro)). Taxi should be ~10€ per way. You´ll find a good hotel-overview on http://www.hrs.com
Old Jan 8, 2008, 1:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN
The SAS Radisson is the closest, about 5 minutes by taxi.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Bumping this thread to see if there are any updates since the last post was 2008.

People seem to say that the Hotel Star Inn (and maybe the Melia Aeroporto also) is walking distance from the airport terminal.

What about the Holiday Inn Express?

We'd be arriving from MAD on IB, if that makes a difference, around 11pm.

Last edited by salut0; Feb 9, 2024 at 11:16 am
Old Feb 10, 2024, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by salut0
Bumping this thread to see if there are any updates since the last post was 2008.

People seem to say that the Hotel Star Inn (and maybe the Melia Aeroporto also) is walking distance from the airport terminal.

What about the Holiday Inn Express?

We'd be arriving from MAD on IB, if that makes a difference, around 11pm.
Melia and Star Inn are next to one another within the airport estate. If you can walk the 250-300m past the Taxi stand and a car park you can walk to the Melia and Star Inn.

Star Inn is 'cheap and cheerful' but perfectly adequate for a crashpad, Melia is a more upmarket brand though I have not stayed there

HIX is considerably further away (~2km) about 5-7 minutes in a cab.

If you're connecting out of LIS the following morning Melia or Star Inn are ideal, if Lisbon is your final destination then I'd just get a taxi/rideshare to your city-centre hotel
Old Feb 10, 2024, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a Holiday Inn Express a short distance north of the terminal (not really walkable IMO) that had complimentary shuttle service when I stayed there a few years ago for a short night with an early AM departure.

I am staying at the Melia in a couple of months for one night in transit. I have not stayed there before but have driven past. As mentioned, it is very close - basically a block away from the terminal, across the street from the parking garage. Of course you will pay more for that convenience.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 3:45 pm

Frustratingly, neither the Melia nor the Star Inn seem to allow two adults and one child in one room. Is the Holiday Inn Express different? Seemed like it had a couch in the picture of the room I saw online.

edited to add: Star Inn does allow it but it can't be booked online. They say they will charge €20 extra for the child when we arrrive, which seems reasonable. Breakfast is included for everyone in the rate online anyway.

Last edited by salut0; Feb 12, 2024 at 8:06 am
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:41 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Lisbon airport is on the train line. Anything a couple of stops along the train line is fine. Follow it to the coast - that;s where we stayed (sorry, cannot remember the name of the place!) there were loads of hotels, really nice area. 10 mins to the airport.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by fairhsa
Lisbon airport is on the train line. Anything a couple of stops along the train line is fine. Follow it to the coast - that;s where we stayed (sorry, cannot remember the name of the place!) there were loads of hotels, really nice area. 10 mins to the airport.
True, but for landing at 2300 with a child, nothing beats stumbling across the street five minutes walk away to get to bed as soon as possible. For the rest of our LIS stay we are staying elsewhere in the city…
sushanna1 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fairhsa
Oriente is 3 stops on the Metro and presumably the area referred to by the user above, right next to the Tagus estuary. There's another Melia, a Moxy, a Tivoli, Eurostars and an Ibis near to the station and assorted non-branded options.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 7:24 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
At 23:00, any hotel in city center is a 15-20 min uber ride away. If you're staying more nights in the city, I would just stay where you're staying the entire time.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
True, but for landing at 2300 with a child, nothing beats stumbling across the street five minutes walk away to get to bed as soon as possible. For the rest of our LIS stay we are staying elsewhere in the city…
having travelled with children from few months old and upwards, I understand what you are saying but instead of dragging them for a 10 minutes walk to the Melia or similar, I would rather grab a Bolt (sub. €10) to the Corinthia just less than 15 minutes away at that time (20-25 during the day /with traffic).
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
having travelled with children from few months old and upwards, I understand what you are saying but instead of dragging them for a 10 minutes walk to the Melia or similar, I would rather grab a Bolt (sub. €10) to the Corinthia just less than 15 minutes away at that time (20-25 during the day /with traffic).
Corinthia’s not in our price range — looks like over $1k/night! Actually our son enjoyed the Star Inn and appreciated his own area of the L-shaped room with the extra bed. He especially liked the buffet breakfast.

All in all, it was a very good place for the price and clean and convenient. We’d do it again if we arrived late at night.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 5:36 pm

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Corinthia’s not in our price range — looks like over $1k/night! Actually our son enjoyed the Star Inn and appreciated his own area of the L-shaped room with the extra bed. He especially liked the buffet breakfast.

All in all, it was a very good place for the price and clean and convenient. We’d do it again if we arrived late at night.
I am glad it worked out but the Corinthia Lisbon should be nowhere $1k/night, I was there two weeks ago and paid £291 (GBP) for two nights via Avios Hotel, the room just before the Junior suite in price point (same price was available via Booking.com and Expedia, but for the basic room), I thought it was a great deal (Corinthia London on the other hand is even more than the $1k/night you mention).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.