Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barcelona - discounted hotels/apts/etc

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Barcelona - discounted hotels/apts/etc

Hey folks, you all have helped me before so I wanted to seek assistance again.

5 of us are going to Barcelona in about 10 days, still don't have a room. We will have a car. We are looking for a decent priced place to stay, maybe 80 Euro per night or less. Does not need to be super nice, as we will be outside almost all the time, but we do not want a roach motel.

Any ideas? Throw out any and all places you know of, and we can check them out online.

THANKS!!!
Old Jun 1, 2007, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

80 euros a night each should get you somewhere amazing.

Check out the apartments in http://www.rent4days.com - just checked, not much available with such short notice.

I can tell you about cheaper places that are perfectly clean and safe if you would prefer.

----------
As you're now entering peak time, you're going to be short on prime choices.

http://www.oh-barcelona.com/en/lastminute-offers/ might have better offers - I can't run a search using my MAC so I can't tell.

I did find Catalonia Suite, a 4 star with parking (15 euros).

6 nights for 5 people (1 room for 3, 1 room for 2) came out at 1,176Euros (about 40Euros each)

http://www.hoteles-catalonia.com/hc/...=2007&noches=1

The chain has more central locations - check http://www.hoteles-catalonia.com for offers.

Park Putxet (another 4*) has a doube and triple for 1,060Euros (6 nights)
Rubens (3* - more central) has a double & triple for 1,030Euros.
Castellnou (3*) seems to be the cheapest at 900Euros (30Euros each a night)

If you're around - do consider going to Alicante for the Fogueres/Hogueras. A huge fire festival that begins on the 21st June - culminates on the 24th June - and then tails of from the 25th to 29th June with an awseome nightly round of fireworks on Postiguet beach.

Last edited by LapLap; Jun 1, 2007 at 9:51 am
Old Jun 1, 2007, 12:34 pm

Programs: CO-Plat, DL-Gold
Is the budget €80 per person per night? Or €80 per night total?
Old Jun 1, 2007, 6:20 pm

Somewhere I read a very detailed article that some of the "agencies" renting apartments there aren't reliable or even reputable. I can't recall exactly what it said though.

I only post this to warn you to exercise some caution in this, and not to believe everything you read about apartments for rent, especially on the internet. Apparently it is possible to find yourself in a bad situation with little recourse and no way to recover any monies you've paid in advance.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can recommend rent4days from personal experience.

I'm not sure if any reputable companies will have anything for when the OP is travelling - it's very close to the knuckle...

The Catalonia chain seems fine - most of their more central hotels are already booked up.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 6:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; United Silver
theres a couple express by holiday inns in the area that typically are in the 50 to 80 euro range.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Well Rent4days has nothing available, and the Catalonia-Hotels server is down...
However it appears that Oh Barcelona has lots of great deals!!

Also the idea about Alicante sounds fantastic. Any good and cheap rec's for Alicante? Is the festival only in Alicante city or all of the province? If we went to that, it would only be two of us.

THANKS FOR THE TIPS!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.