Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please help me with the boarding process at Seville (SVQ) airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Please help me with the boarding process at Seville (SVQ) airport

I am a U.S. citizen flying on Ryanair from SVQ (Seville) to LIS (Lisbon).

I will have a suitcase to check. Yes, I have purchased the Ryanair fare upgrade for a 20kg checked bag. I have downloaded my boarding pass to my phone and I have printed out a copy of the boarding pass as a backup.

The Ryanair web site states the following:
All non-EU/EEA citizens must have their travel documents checked and stamped at the Ryanair Visa/Document check desk before going through airport security. Your boarding pass will display the information for routes that require mandatory Visa/Document checks.

Neither my downloaded boarding pass, nor my more detailed paper boarding pass makes any mention of a Visa/Document requirement. Should I visit the "Ryanair Visa/Document check desk" in an abundance of caution?

1. Which should I do first, check my suitcase or visit the Ryanair Visa/Document check desk?
2. This will be my first visit to SVQ (Seville Airport). Where do I go to find the baggage check location and the Ryanair Visa/Document check desk?
3. Is "passport control" required? Is that before or after clearing security? Where will "passport control" occur?
4. Would you recommend spending 10.40 Euros for Ryanair's "fast track" or is that of no value at SVQ?
5. Do you have any other recommendations for me?

Thank you.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 7:25 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Hi, Sevilla to Lisbon will not have passport control as these are intra-Schengen area flights. If they do need to check your boarding pass at all for visa/doc requirements (I doubt it, as you do not need a visa to enter Schengen area) then presumably the person at the Ryanair counter can do that for you, whichever one you see first. Presume Ryanair will not have more than 2 or 3 counters anyway at the airport, as Sevilla airport is not huge. Honestly, if this was not for the suitcase you are checking in, you could probably just go straight through security and see if your boarding pass works just fine (my assumption). I would not purchase any fast track generally with Ryanair, though I do not fly with them so cannot comment in detail.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:42 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
It's been awhile since I've flown FR before having EU citizenship, but used to be you had to pass by the counter LANDSIDE for the doc check for all non-EU citizens for all FR flights (even intra-Schengen). I'd stop by and just make sure.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 2:34 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
They USED to make you check your BP landside and get it stamped. That went away a long time ago. They will still check your passport at the gate.
I flew out of SVQ last year, with my gf who is not an EU/EEC citizen - they did not want to check anything at the landside counters. I did note that the bag lines were moving quite slow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.