Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

5 and a half hours between flights at AGP: dinner in town?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2023, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy

Considering an itinerary for a Sunday evening in November on two separate tickets that arrives in AGP from London at 1900 and departs at 0025 for Helsinki. That means I’d need to enter the EU on arrival before connecting to the onward intra-Schengen flight.

Is there enough time to go into the town of Málaga itself for dinner or tapas and come back? Looks like a taxi might only be about 20mins each way but I have no idea how long immigration and outbound security would take.

If it’s possible, any recommendations for places with good vegetarian or non-shellfish fish dishes (anchovies, salmon, tuna, hake, cod, etc.)?

Last edited by salut0; Sep 12, 2023 at 9:52 am
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:27 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
You'd have to go through passport control twice.
Here's the timetable for the train which takes about 12-15 mins (Aeropuerto to Malaga-Centro Alameda) and runs every 20 min.

Definitely doable for dinner.
LupineChemist likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Palal
You'd have to go through passport control twice.
Not correct. Only once arriving from UK. Finland is part of Schengen.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by salut0
Is there enough time to go into the town of Málaga itself for dinner or tapas and come back? Looks like a taxi might only be about 20mins each way but I have no idea how long immigration and outbound security would take.
I believe you have enough time, but you may adjust (cancel) in case your incoming flight is late and if line is long at immigration. Airport is not very far (20-30 min). No idea how immigration could look like. Security for departure should be quick at such a late time.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Not correct. Only once arriving from UK. Finland is part of Schengen.
FYI arrived from UK on Saturday around 1000 with UK passport to the new-ish passport control space, absolutely stuffed with 200+ passengers. Highly impressed by airport staff organisation. Passport police very efficient scanning and stamping while talking to each other. Welcome to Malaga 👍
pbiflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.