Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LIS hotel for single woman

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
LIS hotel for single woman

I’ve been to Lisbon several times, but it’s been at least 20 years. So, I know nothing current.

I’ve spent the weekend helping a friend who doesn’t travel a lot. She’s coming to Lisbon two nights in November, before boarding a cruise ship. She will be traveling solo those two days.

She’s not wanting a big brand name hotel. She’s looking for safe and comfortable. In an area where she can walk and see touristy things during the day. But if she’s tired at night and doesn’t want to go out, so looking for a property that has a restaurant/bar on site. Doesn’t have a lot of disposable income, this is a once in a lifetime trip that she has saved for years.

The best I can do is simply search online, and that’s never as good as knowing someone with feet on the ground in the country.

Any help appreciated!
Old Aug 9, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Hello, my wife and I spent 5 days in LIS back in June, we stayed at Hotel Riverside in Alfama, Home - Hotel RiverSide Alfama - RNET nº 6782
Rooms were nice, modern, breakfast included, nearby restaurants right next to hotel, as well as sightseeing, and places to walk nearby. The hotel was very safe.

The hotel offers private transfer to/from airport, you can also do UBER as it is cheaper.
kevinsac likes this.

Last edited by arollins; Aug 9, 2023 at 2:15 pm
Old Aug 9, 2023, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by arollins
Hello, my wife and I spent 5 days in LIS back in June, we stayed at Hotel Riverside in Alfama, Home - Hotel RiverSide Alfama - RNET nº 6782
Rooms were nice, modern, breakfast included, nearby restaurants right next to hotel, as well as sightseeing, and places to walk nearby. The hotel was very safe.

The hotel offers private transfer to/from airport, you can also do UBER as it is cheaper.
Thanks. I looked at the property … in November, stays must be a minimum of four nights. The hotel looks great, but it won’t work for my friend. Thanks for the recommendation; maybe it will help someone else.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 3:39 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
We recently stayed at the Hotel Lisboa https://www.hotellisboa.com.pt/EN/home.html

From a security point, you need your keycard to call the lift on the ground floor. But the lift is right in front of the small reception desk. There was somebody there every time we came and left the place.

The hotel is off the Avenue Da Liberdade, just round the corner from Prada and Armani shops and the Avenue is wide with green parks running through it. It's about a 10 minute walk to the centre, but behind the main streets are some local areas with great restaurants for the evening (we used The Fork app just for simplicity and it worked out fine). There are two nearby metro stops nearby (both on the same line) but one is uphill the other downhill so depends on how tired you are!

Breakfast is fine, the usual selection of buffet hot and cold items. The facilities are minimal, with a small gym and a small bar area. There is an Italian restaurant on the lower floor that you can access directly from the hotel lift and you get a 10% discount. It was very good.

The room was very comfortable. Good toiletries, big comfortable bed, free tea and coffee and a chargeable minibar. Near silent A/C. Decent wifi. Daily room service. As with most hotels you hear the occasional noise from the corridor, next door, outside - but unless you live in a very quiet area it shouldn't bother you.

We took the metro from the airport which requires one change. Going back we used an Uber and it was €8, plus tip. Of course as always with Uber your price may vary!

The ultimate question - would we stay there again? Yes.
kevinsac likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.