Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Best value Hilton, Hyatt, and Marriott in Madrid?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I'm looking for a hotel with good elite recognition, a good breakfast, and hopefully, an evening food spread in the lounge. Ideally, the hotel is easily accessible by subway so that I can come and go back to the airport. Suggestions?
Old May 29, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I guess I am confused at to what you mean by value? Breakfast and dinner would be cheap in Madrid compared to the cost of the Marriott hotels that would have those features.
I stayed at a AC hotel near the Atocha train station. Very convenient. I think breakfast was offered as a benefit, but can't remember. No evening spread, but I was out enjoying tapas.
The regular Marriotts are much pricier.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 3:48 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Yes, the AC hotels are going to be the best value. The AC Carlton is in a pretty good location. The AC Atocha is also decent but a bit more tucked away from the main streets which could be a plus or a minus
realworld likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 7:27 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Yes, the AC hotels are going to be the best value. The AC Carlton is in a pretty good location. The AC Atocha is also decent but a bit more tucked away from the main streets which could be a plus or a minus
The Carlton is the one I stayed at. Also, check the special package rates. I got a bottle of wine and maybe that is how I got the breakfast. It was actually same price as the standard available rate.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 9:38 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Any thoughts on the Canopy by Hilton Madrid Castellana ?
Old Jun 11, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by flying chef
Any thoughts on the Canopy by Hilton Madrid Castellana ?
It's in the middle of the AZCA area so will generally be very business focused. Generally not as much of a tourist central area (with the big exception of that it's right next to the Santiago Bernabéu stadium).

All of that said, it's a pretty easy ride in transport to the historic city center. I don't know prices too much considering I live in Madrid but I do remember helping someone and seeing that it was also very expensive, probably way more than the value proposition it provides.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.