Search

Trains to/from A Coruna

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2023, 9:15 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Trains to/from A Coruna

I’m finding conflicting information on the internet. Is there an efficient way to travel by train between A Coruna and Porto? One site described a transfer in Vigo, but I can’t find a way to book that route and think it probably no longer exists.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
I’m finding conflicting information on the internet. Is there an efficient way to travel by train between A Coruna and Porto? One site described a transfer in Vigo, but I can’t find a way to book that route and think it probably no longer exists.
The route does exist - twice daily. It's a commuter route, one train leaves in the morning and one in the evening. 2nd class only and no catering of any kind on the train, but otherwise comfortable. Travel time is about 2:20. Trains leave from Vigo-Guixar railway station. Timetable is at https://www.cp.pt/StaticFiles/timeta...elta-train.pdf (Portugal is one hour ahead of Spain, and all times in the timetable are local).

The A Coruna Medio Distancia trains arrive at Vigo-Urzáiz railway station (you can walk to Guixar station in about 15 mins, mainly downhill). Regional trains from A Coruna go to Vigo-Guixar.

Tickets can be bought from renfe.es, but not as one ticket. You have to buy A Coruna - Vigo and Vigo - Porto separately.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:11 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I belive you may have to change train stations in Vigo. Check renfe's site - you can also buy tickets there. You'll probably need to buy two separate tickets.

Note that there is busstitution on the Spanish part of the Celta train line on a few days in March.
https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/pt/con...a-3-a-26-marco
Old Feb 23, 2023, 4:32 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Thanks both! You helped me figure it out. Apparently I made two mistakes. 1) Google maps isn't showing the Vigo to Porto train for some reason (only shows buses). 2) I tried booking on Renfe too far in advance. In any case, lessons learned. I appreciate the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.