Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

LIS - Where to meet a non-official taxi?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2022, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Flying into LIS for the first time. Looking at using the FreeNow app for a taxi (I know public transport is cheap and close by but I am trying to make things easier for my wife). I understand the private cabs can't pick you up at arrivals, but apparently you meet them at departures?

Can someone tell me where I would expect a private cab to meet me? Is there a standard place?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V
Flying into LIS for the first time. Looking at using the FreeNow app for a taxi (I know public transport is cheap and close by but I am trying to make things easier for my wife). I understand the private cabs can't pick you up at arrivals, but apparently you meet them at departures?

Can someone tell me where I would expect a private cab to meet me? Is there a standard place?
FreeNow, at LIS, uses the "official" taxis as well, price for a ride to the city centre is about 10 euros.

As for the meet-up location, every time I have been picked up or dropped off at LIS it happened here: https://goo.gl/maps/RDiB6U91VUtUXR9r9
PAL62V likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 13901
FreeNow, at LIS, uses the "official" taxis as well, price for a ride to the city centre is about 10 euros.

As for the meet-up location, every time I have been picked up or dropped off at LIS it happened here: https://goo.gl/maps/RDiB6U91VUtUXR9r9
Very helpful - thank you.
13901 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:58 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
All the ridesharing services (e.g. uber) are upstairs at departures. Normal taxis are downstairs. IMHO the quality of rideshare drivers is higher than of taxis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.