Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spain Entry Regulations [merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2021, 9:10 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Based on this, I would say no. You must be vaccinated.

ATTENTION !!!, if you travel to Spain under point k) of the section "Entry requirements for entry in Spain from third countries, you can only do so if you have a certificate of being fully vaccinated with an EMA/OMS authorized vaccine, and the last dose was administered more than 14 days ago.For persons resident in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland coming directly from this country, in addition to the vaccination certificate, diagnostic certificates of NAAT tests (nucleic acid amplification tests, e.g.: RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, HAD, NEAR, CRISPR, SDA.....) will also be considered valid.
https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesio....htm#collapse1
Old Sep 11, 2021, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reading TIMATIC it seems that a recovery certificate doesn't allow entry but only exempts a person from the testing requirement.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:44 am

I went ahead and filled out the FCS form on the Spain Travel Health site and one of the options to select was "document of Covid recovery". I completed the form and received a QR code. Does this mean that I am cleared to enter Spain assuming I have my recovery letter with me?
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:50 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

If I remember well when I filled it, the PLF is not dynamic, i.e. it proposes all options not just the ones valid for you based on residency/passport. The onus is still on you to check this is correct.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 12:23 pm

I'm still not 100% clear on this. Anyone here have some data points on entering with document of recovery since September 7? I have emailed Spain consulate and their travel health site and all they do is refer me to a link instead of giving me a clear answer on entering Spain with a covid recovery letter. I just want a yes/no and I cant get it anywhere.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 12:30 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

The link I pointed upthread was fairly clear. Based on this, it is no. And TIMATIC too actually.
And a third source confirmed it.

United States of America Entry requirements for third country national passengersAccording to the Order of the Ministry of the Interior, Order INT/657/2020, of July 17, will be subject to denial of entry, for reasons of public order or public health, unless they belong to one of the following categories:
  • Habitual residents in the European Union, Schengen Associated States, Andorra, Monaco, The Vatican (Holy See) or San Marino who go to that country, proving it documentary.
  • Holders of a long-term visa issued by a Member State or Schengen Associated State who are going to that country.
  • Health professionals, including health researchers, and elderly care professionals who go to or return from exercising their work activity.
  • Transport, marine and aeronautical personnel necessary to carry out air transport activities.
  • Diplomatic, consular, international, military, civil protection and members of humanitarian organizations, in the exercise of their functions.
  • Students who carry out their studies in the Member States or Schengen Associated States and who have the corresponding permit or visa for long-term stay, provided that they go to the country where they are studying, and that the entry occurs during the academic year or previous 15 days. If the destination is Spain and the duration of the stay is up to 90 days, it must be proven that the studies are carried out in an authorized teaching center in Spain, registered in the corresponding administrative registry, following a full-time program during this phase and in-person, and that leads to obtaining a degree or study certificate.
  • Highly qualified workers whose work is necessary and cannot be postponed or carried out remotely, including participants in high-level sports events that take place in Spain. These circumstances must be justified documentary.
  • Persons traveling for duly accredited imperative family reasons .
  • People who travel for reasons of force majeure or need, or whose entry is allowed for humanitarian reasons, proving it documentary.
  • Persons with a vaccination certificate, that the Ministry of Health recognizes for this purpose, after verification by the health authorities, as well as their accompanying minors (under 12 years of age).
For more information, please visit the website Travel and COVID-19
https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesio...spana/home.htm
Old Sep 11, 2021, 9:49 pm

Travel to Spain and New Requirements

With the new Covid requirements that were recently announced, I'm trying to figure out if I can fly to Spain from US with a Covid recovery letter (last 30 days). I am unable to get vaccinated as I recently recovered from Covid. I contacted United on Twitter and was told I could enter Spain with my proof of recovery letter, but am getting conflicting information from other sources. Can someone shed some light or have any data points to share from recent travel to Spain?
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:07 am

I am afraid that when you compile your PLF you will be asked about all the countries you visited in the last 14 days. If you spend longer than that in France there is no problem,
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:36 am

Yes, it does require that, but it also seems to accept just a -ve test as proof, despite listing India in the countries that I've been in for the last 14 days. Once my daughter gets the French health pass (equivalent to the EU digital certificate) by taking a test in Paris, that should be accepted on the Spanish PLF and the QR code should be generated. Am I missing something here?
Old Sep 13, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Gold, National EC
This will undoubtedly get stale soon, but in case it's useful, I thought I'd share my experiences for traveling to Spain. I'm a U.S. citizen & fully vaccinated.
  1. Flying from U.S. to Spain (MAD) on 8/27, no other countries visited in the last 14 days. Had to fill out the travel app <48 hours before landing (didn't ask for vaccine information--just regular health information and contact tracing stuff), and then had the QR code checked at the airport. Note that the app does not work without being connected to the internet (important if you don't have an international data plan), so either screenshot it or connect to wifi when you get on the ground.
  2. Flying from Spain to Portugal (FAO) on 8/29. Technically you're required to have a negative PCR/antigen test, but the only thing they checked when we boarded the plane was our CDC vaccine cards. No check upon landing, and there's no immigration either since it's an intra-EU flight. We just walked off the plane, grabbed our bags, and left.
  3. Flying from Portugal to Spain (SVQ) on 9/2. Because Portugal is a "high risk" country, the travel app has a new step--asks you to input your vaccine information, since that's one of the only ways an American can travel from Portugal to Spain. Same deal, though--show the QR code at the airport. IIRC, we might've had to show our vaccine card at immigration, too.
  4. Walking from Spain to Gibraltar on 9/5. No Covid-related steps.
  5. Walking from Gibraltar to Spain on 9/5. No Covid-related steps (the travel app is only for flying).
I should note that we kept our CDC vaccine cards in our passports, so there may have been a couple of points where we would have been asked for our vaccine cards had they not been provided together with our passports.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 5:40 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
Folks - my friend and I are heading to Madrid on October 25 from the US. Flight is Dallas to Rome (connecting) to Madrid. I will fill out the Spanish health form 48 hours before the trip and am fully vaccinated. Do I still need to test (antigen at 48 hours of arrival or PCR at 72 hours)? Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
You do not need a negative Covid test to enter Spain if fully vaccinated. Just make sure one isn’t required to transit through Italy (the UK requires a test even for transit, which I didn’t realize until a few days before transiting through there last month).
You will need a negative Covid test prior to returning to the U.S.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:45 pm
formerly known as RK7

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by spainlover
(the UK requires a test even for transit, which I didn’t realize until a few days before transiting through there last month).
We will be passing through LHR next week on our way to BCN and were under the assumption that we wouldn't need a test, so is this information incorrect? https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...hrough-england which states:
When you transit through England to international destinations:
You do not need to quarantine on arrival or take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and day 8. This applies if you are transiting airside or landside.
You must either: remain within your port of entry until your departure from England, or travel directly from your port of entry to another port of departure in England
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
That is correct, but you still need a test in order to transit the UK. If you were staying in the UK, you would need two additional tests during your stay.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think this is a little confused - for simplicity I am going to assume no red lists countries are involved and you haven't been to a red list in the preceding 10 days.

If doing a same day transit you don't need a test to transit the UK, just fill in the PLF.

If doing an overnight transit the rules on a strict interpretation appear to require a test, UK border force seem to be fine with you not having a test though. However your airline may think you do need one so perhaps best to have details of a day 2 test provider you can use to book one if at check in your airline insists you need one.

If your transit is on two tickets there is also a risk your airline will treat you as arriving in the UK since they won't know about the second booking, so again have some day 2 test provider details to hand.

More information in the dedicated thread in the coronavirus board https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...val-tests.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.