Search

Transportation Within Catalonia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 4:20 pm
ned
Original Poster

Programs: MTD pass holder
Transportation Within Catalonia

We are planning a trip to Catalonia this Spring. Although we are landing at BCN we are not spending any time in Barcelona having been there several times. Our plan is to spend a few days in each of several towns such as Begur, Girona, Cadaque, etc. In previous similar trips to Spain we have always rented a car. On this trip we will not have a car and will use public transportation. I have used Rome2Rio.com to research the options for getting from place to place. Unfortunately it appears that train and/or bus options are often not ideal. Although expensive it appears the convenience and time savings of the taxi option often make it our best choice. I have several questions for anyone who may have experience. Are Rome2Rio’s pricing quotes accurate? Are local taxis available and willing to make longer trips? Trip examples might be Girona to Madremanya (shorter) or Begur to Cadaques (longer). Can anyone recommend a reasonable and reliable transfer service? Thanks for any help.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by ned
In previous similar trips to Spain we have always rented a car.
Rental Car is by far your best choice.

The towns you are visiting are quite small and public transportation will not be good. And taxi will be really really expensive.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:00 am

Don't give up on public transport just yet. Sometimes you will only have a few buses a day to your destination, but overall public transport is good and reliable. Use this overall (and official) page to check for options: https://mou-te.gencat.cat/portada-mo...ml#/en/portada (journey planner on the right).

In most places you will find taxi options as well, but it's always better to book in advance (at least a day or so) if you are going to use one of the few taxis that exists in smaller towns. I would locally ask (your hotels for instance) for taxi companies / drivers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.