Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon (LIS) connection - consolidated thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Sorry to hijack a thread but can't find any master LIS connection Q one

I am on EWR-LIS-BRU, and my connection time is only 1:10 in LIS. Is that enough time to connect an on to Brussels? I will not be checking any luggage and flying in Business so hopefully can run to the front. I arrive at 5:50a and leave for BRU at 7:00a so not sure if I can beat the morning rush

Second part of my question, when I clear customs to we need to re-enter security? I assume all of this will be in the same terminal?

TIA

Last edited by DG206; Mar 23, 2019 at 5:13 pm
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It’s tight, even on a single ticket, so you may end up on a later flight.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by DG206
Sorry to hijack a thread but can't find any master LIS connection Q one

I am on EWR-LIS-BRU, and my connection time is only 1:10 in LIS. Is that enough time to connect an on to Brussels? I will not be checking any luggage and flying in Business so hopefully can run to the front. I arrive at 5:50a and leave for BRU at 7:00a so not sure if I can beat the morning rush

Second part of my question, when I clear customs to we need to re-enter security? I assume all of this will be in the same terminal?

TIA
What airlines are you flying?The experiences I’ve had in Lisbon and both on arrival and transfer had very long cues for the official process. It was not very efficient
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
5:50AM can be a mess as a bunch of flights from Africa, and the Americas arrive around then. You'll need to go through passport control and security to get back into the Schengen area. Bags will be tagged all the way to the destination. Once you're out of the plane, don't stop until you reach passport control. The connection security line is usually not super long.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:54 am

It's TP to TP connections and yeah, sounds like I should NOT check a bag. Short trip overall so can live off a carryon. My TP flight should be in the same terminal correct?

It's a work trip so if I miss connection not going to be too upset. Definitely worse places to get stuck than LIS, I guess if I have to take a later flight looks pretty quick and easy to run into town to get a bite for breakfast and TP has a few other flights to BRU. Would like to get to BRU early and rest up for work but oh well

And thank you everyone for the responses!

Last edited by DG206; Mar 24, 2019 at 10:04 am
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:06 am

The bag has a higher chance of making it than you
The two flights are in the same terminal, but the flight from EWR arrives in the non-Schengen part (you may be bused in) and your flight to BRU leaves from the non-Schengen part. There's not much of a walk between the two. Passport control is the biggest obstacle.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:45 am

Good to know same terminal. Thanks everyone for the comments, think I'll risk it and just do a carryon based on your comments. Really want to get to BRU ASAP so I'll stick with my current connections and hope for the best. Going all the way to Brussels for a 2.5 work trip really would like that morning in Brussels to relax before I turn right back around. Looks like TP has at least 3 flight/day so if I miss it due to tight connection sure they can get me on the next and I can run out of the airport and grab a bite of breakfast
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by DG206
Good to know same terminal. Thanks everyone for the comments, think I'll risk it and just do a carryon based on your comments. Really want to get to BRU ASAP so I'll stick with my current connections and hope for the best. Going all the way to Brussels for a 2.5 work trip really would like that morning in Brussels to relax before I turn right back around. Looks like TP has at least 3 flight/day so if I miss it due to tight connection sure they can get me on the next and I can run out of the airport and grab a bite of breakfast
TP has 3 flights per day and SN has 2, so you'll get to BRU that day and most likely you'll even manage to get there on your original flight.
DG206 likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:47 am
BCH

The schedule for my inbound translatlantic flight and outbound intra-Europe flight have changed, and instead of 3 hrs, I now have a 1 hr 15 min connection from 7am. Is that insane? I can't find the published minimum connection time for LIS. Does anyone know? Thanks.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by BCH
The schedule for my inbound translatlantic flight and outbound intra-Europe flight have changed, and instead of 3 hrs, I now have a 1 hr 15 min connection from 7am. Is that insane? I can't find the published minimum connection time for LIS. Does anyone know? Thanks.
TAP will sell 55 mins non-Schengen to Schengen, implying the MCT is that or lower
BCH likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:41 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Booked EWR-VCE on TAP and an already tight connection is now just 1:10 after a small change to timings.

Does business class get any sort of expedited clearance at the transfer point (passport control and security) in terminal 1?

There’s a second flight to VCE but 8 hours later and we’d lose one of only two days in Venice.

Also, we used Avianca miles meaning a very steep surcharge to switch flights and, of course, nothing else is even available in business on that day.

Fight Radar shows 6 of 7 flights last week landed early One landed 3 hours late.

Would love to hear thought from those that have braved this connection....
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I booked an award ticket on UA's website for EWR-LIS-LCY that has a 1h connection. The flight arrives before 6AM, so I would hope the immigration line is light at that time. Additionally, I have her in business, so she will be at the front of the plane and one of the first people off.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I booked an award ticket on UA's website for EWR-LIS-LCY that has a 1h connection. The flight arrives before 6AM, so I would hope the immigration line is light at that time. Additionally, I have her in business, so she will be at the front of the plane and one of the first people off.
Unless you want to visit the lounge, you will not need to go through immigration, only security, which shouldn't take more than 5 mins. I would NOT suggest trying to visit the lounge (which is on the Schengen side) given the 1 hour conection.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
OK just booked a sale J fare from SFO to LIS in April.

End of this 2-week trip will be up in Porto area. I was thinking I'd fly to LIS the day before my departure to US, overnight there and board the 10:25 AM departing flight. My return is LIS-EWR-SFO.

But I was thinking I could take a 6 or 7 AM TAP flight to LIS and still be there more than 2 hours before departure.

I can still cancel my international flight and rebook but making it an open jaw with return from OPO instead of LIS round-trip raises the price by $1000.

So it will have to be two separate flights.

Are these OPO-LIS flights reliably on schedule, especially the early morning ones?

Would there be issues in transiting from wherever the domestic flight parks to where UA TATL flight to EWR boards?

I'd also heard that TAP doesn't interline checked luggage to UA flights/tickets but maybe I'm thinking of another *A carrier.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by wco81
OK just booked a sale J fare from SFO to LIS in April.

End of this 2-week trip will be up in Porto area. I was thinking I'd fly to LIS the day before my departure to US, overnight there and board the 10:25 AM departing flight. My return is LIS-EWR-SFO.

But I was thinking I could take a 6 or 7 AM TAP flight to LIS and still be there more than 2 hours before departure.

I can still cancel my international flight and rebook but making it an open jaw with return from OPO instead of LIS round-trip raises the price by $1000.

So it will have to be two separate flights.

Are these OPO-LIS flights reliably on schedule, especially the early morning ones?

Would there be issues in transiting from wherever the domestic flight parks to where UA TATL flight to EWR boards?

I'd also heard that TAP doesn't interline checked luggage to UA flights/tickets but maybe I'm thinking of another *A carrier.
From my experience Lisbon to Porto is plagued with the delays on TAP I wouldn’t risk it.. Additionally you’ll have to go through exit immigration and those lines can be long

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.