Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast in Lisbon

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, OWS
Breakfast in Lisbon

I’m currently planning a trip to Lisbon for me and my SO and currently narrowing down the choice of accommodations.
When reading some of the comments on hotel review sites I started to wonder – what is the breakfast/Café situation like in Lisbon? Is it mostly about selling coffee or do the nice cafes where you can sit down for breakfast abound?
Any spots you’d recommend in particular?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Pastelarias (2-3 on each block) have coffee, pastries, and many act as lunch counters.
What do you define as 'breakfast'?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, OWS
Originally Posted by Palal
Pastelarias (2-3 on each block) have coffee, pastries, and many act as lunch counters.
What do you define as 'breakfast'?
For me breakfast is coffee and a choice of muesli, sandwiches and eggs/omelets taken in the morning...
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Pastelarias have coffee and pastries. Many will have yogurt/fruit salad/etc. Eggs and omelets are not a thing here for breakfast, though they may be on the regular menu and you may be able to get them to make it for you.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Give up the omelettes for your trip and get your eggs from all of the ridiculously delicious yolk-based pastries that abound in Lisbon. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they are, and waling up and down those steep hills all the time will help you get over the guilt of indulgence. My mouth is watering right now....I swear, I am surprised that I did not just turn into a giant pastel de nata when I was there. Of course, if you are staying in a hotel, many of them offer scrambled eggs as part of (usually vast) breakfast buffets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.