Wiki Posts
Search

Heading to Granada from Malaga

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Heading to Granada from Malaga

Hi there,

I am flying into Malaga Airport (AGP) and need to quickly get a shuttle into Granada.

How long does it take to disembark from AGP airport? I have about 30 mins to catch the bus.

Checke here and there seems to be a bus every hour approx but you have to book in advance: http://visitgranada.net/transportati...ransportation/

Alternatively I will pick a taxi since it´s not that expensive.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Hi. It depends firstly if you are flying in from Schengen zone or from non-Schengen. Also, if you have luggage it can take quite some time. Are you planning on taking the direct bus from the airport to Granada, or are you going to Malaga train station and then taking the bus from the bus station next to it? Usually I don't have any problems buying a ticket last minute for Granada connections, but I think 30 minutes is cutting it a bit tight.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:21 pm
Suspended

I flew JFK-MAD-AGP , had 1 checked bag and its only claimed @ AGP. Due to this you need to walk past all the reg belts and enter a room where bags from Intl flights are claimed and it took forever till they came out! So if you flying with checked bags and inbounding from a non-schengen flight dont count on making the bus you are thinking of catching
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Even with a checked bag inbounding from within EU, bags at AGP can take quite some time to reach the belts. I would leave more time available than 30 minutes, probably 45 could be appropriate. Also depends where the bus picks up relative to your terminal arrival. For instance the walk from the T3 terminal I think it is called to the rental cars is every bit of 10-15 minutes.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I am doing the same thing next month. I arrive JFK-MAD-AGP at 10 and I am on the 11:30 bus to Granada. It is the last one directly from the airport until later in the afternoon. I will be happy if everything goes smoothly and I am stuck waiting in AGP for my bus for a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.