Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon in Spain !!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Honeymoon in Spain !!

Hello everyone 😊

My fiance and I are getting married on the 22nd of July 2017.. And we are planning to spend 10 days of our honeymoon in Spain..
We are both Egyptians and we will be flying from Cairo to Spain after a week from our wedding..

I was thinking of visiting Barcelona and another city with a beach. I heared that Andalusia is very beautiful and we shouldn't miss visiting this area..

I hope anyone here could help us and give us a reasonable itinerary for our trip with mentioning the most suitable way to travel between cities..

NB:
1. We are on a slightly limited budget, anyways it is not too tight, we could still enjoy our time and do shopping but with no fancy hotels..

2. We don't enjoy bars but I would really like to attend an event in the Opera house or any carnivals if possible..

Thank you 😄

Last edited by Nehal; Mar 15, 2017 at 12:02 pm Reason: Typod
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Hello and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
Barcelona is an excellent choice to visit with great food, architecture, shopping and the Mediterranean right there. There are beaches near Barcelona (in Barcelona as well, but much nicer outside the city) traveling north up the Costa Brava or south down the Costa Dorada.
However, if you want to go to Andalucia, that is also an excellent option both for beaches and cultural sights. It will be very hot that time of year, but since you are from Egypt, it probably won't feel too hot for you ... Personally, I like the beaches along the coast of Cadiz (this is Atlantic Ocean side) very much as they are less crowded with tourists and you get more of the flavor or Spain - some examples are Bolonia, Zahara de los Atunes, Canos de Meca and Tarifa. If you decide to go here, I would suggest flying into Jerez from Barcelona, or you could also look at Sevilla to fly into, and renting a car. However, the beaches along the Mediterranean side have the prettier turquoise colored water, even if they are more crowded with tourists. For this, I would suggest flying into Malaga - there are cheap flights -- or if you want to see Sevilla, into Sevilla. Depending on what beach, you could get there by bus or train from Malaga, or else rent a car. One other thing to mention is that you might want to see the Alhambra in Granada. It's quite spectacular. If you do that, you could look at flying into Granada.

There is train service between cities as well, but from Barcelona to Andalucia is fairly far, and you'd have to change trains in Madrid.
I'd suggest spending 4-5 days in Barcelona and then the rest of the time in Andalucia. Have a great time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.