Wiki Posts
Search

Trip to Spain - Aggressive?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2010, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UAL, *wood Gold, Marriott
Trip to Spain - Aggressive?

Thinking of going to Spain for the first time - 8 nights. I want to do a relaxing trip focused around MAD and Andalusia.

So that said, would 2 nights MAD, 1 Cordoba, 2 Seville, 2 Granada and 1 MAD be aggressive or just right?

Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks FTers!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
That's an ambitious but doable schedule and, depending on how efficient your travel between places is, would afford you more time per city than a lot of people allot to those worthy places. I wouldn't call it a relaxing schedule, but it shouldn't be too uncomfortably rushed. Again, depending on how efficient your transportation turns out to be. Driving would make it efficient and flexible and allow you to linger a little longer or get on down the road as you wish. However, you may not want a car in any of those cities unless you stay on the edge and take public transportation into town. (I often do drive right on in, but then I used to live in Mexico and drove in the D.F.)

You probably already know that you need a reservation for the Alhambra. What isn't obvious is that the appointed time is not to enter the grounds at the gate but rather to enter the Nasrid Palaces within the Alhambra (which are the main point of interest for many people). You have a half-hour window to enter the Palaces or lose your reservation.

Last edited by dia1; Sep 17, 2010 at 10:12 am
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UAL, *wood Gold, Marriott
Was just going to take the Renfe between cities - car options are just too expensive for an automatic guy. Hope it's still doable.

I knew about the reservation for the Alhambra, but didn't know it was for the Nasrid Palaces within the Alhambra...thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.