Community
Wiki Posts
Search

200 coke points = $20 Southwest Coupon

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
200 coke points = $20 Southwest Coupon

If you collect coke points there is now a $20 Southwest coupon available for 200 coke points.

Here is the link:

http://www.mycokerewards.com/itemDet...unt_9381_76x76

Not valid for Ding! Fares, nor Business Select, Anytime or Senior Fares. Requires roundtrip purchase, must be used by September 30, for travel through 12/17/09 with 11/20/09 through 12/1/09 blacked out.

So there are some restrictions, but if you are buying an advance purchase ticket, a $20 discount isn't a bad deal.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Be careful with Coke Rewards.

They drop redemption options w/o warning, and if you don't enter new codes often enough they cancel your account.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 4:59 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
After spending the 200 My Coke Reward points, they generate a unique coupon code for you and direct you to this website for more details and to redeem it: http://www.southwest.com/mycokerewards/
Old Aug 21, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: SWA
Be careful with this promo.

"Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualifications for this promotion".

In other words, if you make a change to the flight the promo is gone.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
This seems like a good deal if you are purchasing a round trip for which you already have a good sense what WN's bottom-of-the-barrel pricing is going to be.

I redeemed a couple of these codes, FWIW. (Not like I'm seeing a lot of other stuff of value on MyCokeRewards.) I've already bought one round trip using one of the codes. The way the discounting will work is if the one-way Wanna Get Away published fare is currently $99, when you put in the generated code, the Web site will show $99 crossed out and replaced with $89. (It'll reduce the return pricing by $10 as well.) I've already tried re-pricing the resulting purchased ticket -- the same $10 discounting of the published Wanna Get Away fare did NOT occur. So if the fare drops after purchase but by less than $20 for the round trip, you won't be able to benefit from the drop by trying to re-price. If the fare drops by >$20, you can usefully re-price but then the discount code is effectively wasted.

Thus if you think the price is already as low as it's going to go, that's when you want to use this discount code.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA, MR
Awhile back they had $25 giftcards for 720 points but they were gone within hrs, this is the 2nd time I remember seeing this prize
so if you have points and want real money wait and see if it comes back no guarentees obviously
Old Sep 2, 2009, 1:52 pm

Programs: WN RR (Informed Kettle)
...and it's now disappeared.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Gold, Delta SM, Southwest CP
I have one of these codes, but am having trouble getting it to work. I follow the provided link, but when I put the code in the search box, it doesn't discount.

Instead, I get this message: The promotion code entered is not valid for one of the following reasons: the offer has expired, the travel and/or purchase dates entered are invalid, or information is missing to complete the request.

Any help? Thanks!

Last edited by ondeadlin; Nov 15, 2009 at 11:08 am
Old Nov 15, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Originally Posted by ondeadlin
I have one of these codes, but am having trouble getting it to work. I follow the provided link, but when I put the code in the search box, it doesn't discount.

Instead, I get this message: The promotion code entered is not valid for one of the following reasons: the offer has expired, the travel and/or purchase dates entered are invalid, or information is missing to complete the request.

Any help? Thanks!

The reason is the first one listed in your error message - code had to be used by September 30th...
Old Nov 15, 2009, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by indyscott
The reason is the first one listed in your error message - code had to be used by September 30th...
LOL, thankfully it's not that. There are new codes out:

Purchase must be made between November 1 and December 31, 2009 for travel January 1 through March 12, 2010.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 9:29 pm

Programs: SWA
round trip?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 1:29 pm

Programs: CX Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ondeadlin
LOL, thankfully it's not that. There are new codes out:
And I just checked and redeemed a coupon. Now it takes only 50 points! I think this is a great deal considering the value of Coke Reward Points. If you have points already this is a great deal.

I don't have travel plan yet though. PM me if you need one.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by richardcjy
And I just checked and redeemed a coupon. Now it takes only 50 points! I think this is a great deal considering the value of Coke Reward Points. If you have points already this is a great deal.

I don't have travel plan yet though. PM me if you need one.
Fixed my issue. For some reason when I was copying and pasting the code, it wasn't working. When I filled it in character by character, it worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.