Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will They Deliver Bags to my Motel ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Will They Deliver Bags to my Motel ?

I will likely only go carry on but what does SW do if they loose your checked bag(s).

Do they just let you know when it finally arrives and tell you you have to come to the airport to claim it or will they deliver it to your motel or home?

Do they give you any compensation to by small items (tolietries etc.) for the inconvenience?

Regards,
Old Jun 22, 2009, 4:03 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
They will deliver. Compensation is a little more iffy.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:06 am

They will give you this to cover toiletries:

It has pretty much everything you'd "need" for an overnight sans baggage. If the bag does not arrive in a reasonable short amt of time, there are reimbursements for clothing and the possibility of a LUV voucher.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:20 pm

FWIW, one of our pieces of luggage (odd-sized PVC tube with a kite inside!) didn't make it back with us from a trip once. Our home is two hours away from the airport and we'd flown back on Dec. 23rd. We were assured by the SWA folks that they'd get our item back to us and not to worry.

Sure enough, at 3:30 pm on Christmas Eve day, a courier arrived at our home and delivered the errant luggage/PVC tube to us. No cost for courier delivery two hours away. You can bet that impressed all the relatives visiting with us that afternoon; Southwest definitely made some customer service points.

Note: This is the *only* instance when *any* of our family members had a luggage problem on SWA. Maybe we're just really lucky or maybe SWA does a darn good job with luggage. I'll take either explanation!

Last edited by Ukalady; Jun 23, 2009 at 2:24 pm Reason: Add'l note
Old Jun 23, 2009, 7:56 pm

Programs: eleVAte, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Fallguy007
I will likely only go carry on but what does SW do if they loose your checked bag(s).

Do they just let you know when it finally arrives and tell you you have to come to the airport to claim it or will they deliver it to your motel or home?

Do they give you any compensation to by small items (tolietries etc.) for the inconvenience?

Regards,
Unless your bag was a late check, they'll deliver it to you free of charge. If you decide to wait at the airport, or the pick the bag up instead, they'll usually give you a $60 luv voucher since you saved them the cost of a delivery man.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:13 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by luv2cattlecall
Unless your bag was a late check, they'll deliver it to you free of charge. If you decide to wait at the airport, or the pick the bag up instead, they'll usually give you a $60 luv voucher since you saved them the cost of a delivery man.
as i understand it, the voucher amount depends on the location (thats what I was told by a rep @ 800-IFLYSWA). for me, it was $100 at BWI, and $25 at CLE
Old Jun 24, 2009, 6:06 am

what hapend if bag is totaly lost?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.