Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2004, 3:07 pm

Blink 182 from SAN-SMF a few months ago - they were on my return, too.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 10:34 am

Peterson's attorney

Yesterday, Flight 1076
SJC-LAX

Not a celebrity, but you see him on tv sometimes, Mark Geragos, former attorney of Michael Jackson and currently Scott Peterson's lawyer. People around him were talking about the case as if he wasn't there.
Old Jun 27, 2004, 12:38 pm
Suspended

I saw Ralph Nader in OAK WN terminal.

It took a great deal of restraint to not tell him off big time right then and there...
Old Jun 28, 2004, 1:03 pm

Programs: southwest, united, delta
Celebs on WN

I sat next to Bobcat Goldwaite (The Screamer?) on a flight from BUR to LAS. He was very quiet.

Also, the guy who play Bill in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure was on a flight from PHX to LAX. At the end of the flight the stewardess told us all to have an "excellent" day.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 2:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I flew out of Burbank with Eve 6 to Seattle, from what I gather bands like to fly on Southwest so the record company won't take it out of their advances.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
I think this thread should have been called "Southwest B-List Celebrity Sightings?"

If you want to go even further down the list, I saw Colleen, the WN supervisor of "Airline" fame, coming into work at MDW yesterday afternoon while I was checking in for my NW flight.

And PokerHammy, ^ ^ ^ on the Ivey sighting.

Old Jun 29, 2004, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Originally Posted by 318i
And PokerHammy, ^ ^ ^ on the Ivey sighting.
This may be a frequent sighting on VEGAS flights!
Old Jun 29, 2004, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Originally Posted by AirlineBrat53
I was sitting at gate 3 and Martin Sheen was in line with everyone else to board a morning flight. Very short guy holding a Starbucks.
Martin Sheen, the "President" on West Wing? This is the most A-List here! :-:
Old May 24, 2005, 1:32 pm

Programs: PAL million miler (1.6 M ), AA Platinum ( almost 1 M)
I have seen "Seal" the singer

with his entourage LAS- TUC on May 21 afternoon flight. Hes kinda snobby. 1 fan approached him and said, I am going to see u in concert tonight thats why I am flying to tucson. He replied" Congratulations" without even smiling and left.
Old May 24, 2005, 2:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Since this thread is titled "Southwest Celebrity Sightings", I should say that I've been on a flight with the biggest Southwest celebrity of them all - Herb. He served the peanuts.

On another flight, I sat in the second row, behind Greg Abbott, Texas' Attorney General.
Old May 24, 2005, 4:10 pm
No Catharsis

Charleie Casserly, the General Manager of the Houston Texans (NFL - Football) Sat in the row behind me once on a IAH-DAL flight (back in 2002 when IAH was still serviced by SWA). He continued on to Lubbock for a recruiting trip to Texas Tech. This was a few months before the Texans' first franchise game ever.

Old May 24, 2005, 5:30 pm

redlodgesinger

Years ago SWA HOU to BNA. Boarded in the last tier. The only seat available was a center seat right next to Mickey Gilley. His entire band was there, and turned our section of the plane into a great big party! What a hoot.

About five years ago I sat across the aisle from Henry Winkler on DL--SLC to LAX. In coach no less! When the flight landed, he was the guy helping the older passengers get their luggage down from the overheads. What a down to earth guy who is not overly impressed with himself.
Old May 24, 2005, 5:32 pm

Programs: Amex MR, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, WN and Hertz
Originally Posted by TRVLRZ
While passing a series of Southwest lines boarding one plane on my way to the NW gate, I did notice some guys that looked like WWF wrestlers.

Apparently they like to fly Southwest to get some pre-match warm up by wrestling for seats.
I saw the Undertaker in SLC. There was no way of mistaking him.
Old May 24, 2005, 6:00 pm

On a trip to Vegas from Burbank, I was in Group 1 and Luke Wilson (Old School, Legally Blonde) tried to cut in with us when he was in Group 3. They booted him out of line.

And on the flight back home, Shannon Elizabeth (Scary Movie, American Pie) sat in the middle seat in front of me reading a script. A quick note: she pulled a hat over her head to not get noticed and tried to cover her face. I say, if you're an actor that doesn't want to get noticed in the airport, make sure that your hat isn't a pink matching hat that goes with pink, skin-tight clothes, don't travel with your dog in a little dog purse, and don't make it blantantly obvious that you're reading a script on the plane.
Old May 24, 2005, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by kgsd
Since this thread is titled "Southwest Celebrity Sightings", I should say that I've been on a flight with the biggest Southwest celebrity of them all - Herb. He served the peanuts.
Now THAT'S cool

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.